The place your soul calls home

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
shelupine

The place your soul calls home

Post by shelupine »

Hello I am new here and apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this. Many years ago I had a dream that was much more alive and vivid than any I have ever had. In this dream I was walking through a hilly grassland, where the grass was tall and green. It was windy and raining heavily. I could smell the scent of the earth that the strong winds carried towards me, I could feel the rain dance upon my skin, the wet mud between my bare toes. The sky was gray and beautiful. But what brought me to my knees was the small wooden cabin in front of me situated right in the middle of the amazing landscape that seemed to stretch out for miles.

I had never felt so much at home or at peace there. A place where I heard my higher self whisper welcome home, you may now rest, all is well. After this dream occurred I thought about it everyday and every time I do i feel my soul weep. A powerful craving and yearning to be there vibrated through me. So powerful it brings me to my knees and confusing tears prick my eyes. Lately this craving and yearning for a place that I don't even know exists has been coming to me so strong that it's driving me insane. I cannot think and it's gotten so powerful that I'm actually actively searching for those hilly wet grasslands that I dream of seeing in my waking day. I feel silly for posting this because after all It was but a dream. I feel like the universe is telling me to look for it. I feel restless.

Could this mean something ? Anything at all? Or do I just yearn to escape my problems in life? As a child I have been astonished by the universe and spirituality and have had my fair share of mystical experiences. I'm desperately searching in hopes that it's my destiny to be there, that maybe, just maybe I'm not crazy. Any help is appreciated. I know it sounds crazy but I know and I feel it deep within that the universe, the spirits are telling me something. This is the place my soul calls home.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: The place your soul calls home

Post by SpiritTalker »

You don't sound crazy. Dreams can express our often hidden, inner wisdom. You might use the images to build an astral place-of-power to which you can retreat for refreshment and meditation. You could study the scenes and your interaction with them to determine exactly what it is about it that effects you. These are triggers for happiness in the physical realm. If it is a real place in the mundane world, you are quite likely going to know it when you find it, and you can trust it. It is something you want yourself to know.

In a small way, as an example, when my parents were out house hunting, dad took a short cut. Mom yelled for him to pull over in front of a house. (We kids were in the back seat -of a Studabacher, no less- & I recall her screech.) She said she had dreamt about it. You betchya, that's the house they bought and the family lived there over 50 years. What made dad take the short cut? It was mom's dream, not his.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

When we stopped west of Albuquerque to look at the stars, I saw a particular pattern that spoke to me of home. Trust your instincts.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
shelupine

Post by shelupine »

Thank you guys :) I thought I was crazy!!! This instinct that this place is real is pushing me to go out and find it. I trust that it's real but like everyone else I have doubt and I am scared that it not in the mundane world. Mostly because I have had an incredibly abusive childhood that has given me a few mental problems. And I'm only 18!!!! My birthday is in two weeks and my instinct says be prepared. Perhaps something life changing is on its way!!! Like I said I have doubts but I will trust this instinct !!!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm currently reading "Village Witch-Life of a Village Wisewoman in the Wilds of Cornwall" by Cassandra Letham-Jones. She had experienced an abusive family and writes how all of it contributed to her path as a witch. She has an easy writing style and humor, and down right grit. Also has a web site.
Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

I will say the same, trust your instincts and you're not crazy. Although I haven't had a dream of a place like that, the closest one was a very ethereal one, it was a place i felt total peace, but it was totally not physical. But in you're case, I wouldn't stop looking for it. I use to dream with stuff like that, which is real. The first time it happened to me, I felt the dream was different, and I saw some objects, which I knew they had to be real. It took me months googling and then, I found them! ... after that I've had related dreams and now I can find the things even the same day, in a way I figured out how my dreams worked and learned to google the stuff on my dreams. I don't know if google would be the best tool for you to use, but whatever you do, keep looking for it. I am sure it's real :)

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”