How I cleanse my crystals and other valuables

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Binglian

How I cleanse my crystals and other valuables

Post by Binglian »

Hello everyone, I have received so many great helps from this forum, so I think it's time for me to give something back! Today I will share with you how I cleanse my crystals and other small valuables such as charms.

I have two main ways to cleanse crystals, salt water and glutinous rice.

Let's talk about salt water first. I think salt water it's extremely common way to be used among people. I like to use salt water to cleanse my crystals. It's extremely simple and effective, and easy to get hold onto. I usually just just take some fresh water or running tap water and mix some salt in until dissolved. Then I would soak the crystals inside the salt water for one day.

Some people say you have to use sea salt, but since sea salt isn't always available where I live, I mostly just uses table salt, and it works fine. The only reason that this isn't my go to method is because a lot of crystals are water sensitive, so it is not a good idea to emerge them in water for a really long time, especially when it's salt water, which might potentially damage the crystals. I have found a mixed views about amethyst on whether or not can it be soaked in water. Some people say it can, but some people advise not to, so every time when I soak them in water, I feel a little guilty about it. I will spend so much time trying to find any marks or damages on the crystals, without knowing whether or not the crystals are actually damaged. So by saving myself from my paranoia, I only used this method as a last resource or on stuff that I know is water proof.

My main method for cleanse crystals is to use glutinous rice. Glutinous rice are know to absorb negativity from objects or people in China. It is a great way to cleanse anything that you feel isn't clean or have too much negativity attached to it. The method can be used on people too. There are many legends in China that when a person got infected by demons or evil corpses (zombie like creature), they will put glutinous rice on the wound to extract the poison out. Glutinous rice is also used in the same way as salt would when people try to repelled evil spirits. They would put a circle of glutinous rice around themselves so the spirits could not get near them. So I feel that using glutinous rice to cleanse crystals is a really safe and effective way. Of course, if you cannot find glutinous rice, you can just use plain rice, and I think that will still be fine.

I do find that it is really effective. It cleanse the crystals really well, and really get rid of all the negativity that it had absorbed from me. Not only does it feels clean, it also feel recharged. For uses, I have a specific wooden container for the glutinous rice. You can use any bowl you like and fill it with rice. It is a good idea to have a cover for it so it is a nice tight isolated container. Then, you can place anything you like inside the container as long as it is completely covered by rice. You might want to leave it in for a day or two. I usually leave it in for one day if it's not too "dirty", and 3 days if it's really "dirty".

There are other ways to cleanse crystals, such as cleansing them in moonlight or sunlight. But I don't use it too much since some crystals are sensitive to sunlight, and I have a lot of small creatures live around my area, so I don't really feel safe to put my crystals and valuables outside at night. However, moonlight cleansing method is quite effective and easy to perform.

And that's how I cleanse my crystals! I hope it would provide some help for you in your path of spellworks.

What is your favour way to cleanse crystals?
TwilightDancer

Re: How I cleanse my crystals and other valuables

Post by TwilightDancer »

My favorite way to cleanse my crystals is by moonlight. Mostly because of convenience. :flyingwitch:

Thanks for sharing! :fairy:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”