Earworm

UFO's, extraterrestrials, abductions, the Universe, planets, stars, galaxies, black holes, white holes, wormholes, and everything beyond.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Earworm

Post by Firebird »

Heeelp!
Ever since I posted the video Twa Corbies on the Ravens and Crows thread,
I-Can-Not-Get-the-song-OUT-of-my-head...especially the phrase "his hawk and his hound and his lady fair-O"
.....help.!
I had two earworms going simultaneously and they started on the same day, the Twa Corbies and the theme from Suicide squad...
(at least I think it was the theme.,.not a movie I would go see ...definitely not my speed) which Thankfully this morning I cannot remember. Hallelujah! But the Corbies linger on :shock:

What do you folks know about earworms and why they happen?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Earworm

Post by SpiritTalker »

Possibly they catch us in a semi hypnogogiac state when we're vulnerable.
Sarina

Post by Sarina »

I suspect there is a message for you from the corbies!

Bright Blessings,
Sarina
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ya know... that was my first thought. I have known them to be the messengers of death, but that was when they nested in the trees in front of my house. (Wonder if it's the same if the nest in a tree behind the house). I think they are warning messengers too. So I am waiting to see if the corbies try to save me from something :)
I still wonder if anyone knows why this phenom happens. I already have tinnitus and I wonder if the two are anyhow related. Though that doesn't seem likely. F ing brain is stuck on a loop...it's about as maddening and the tinnitus. At least with the tones I have kinda got used to them and the low pitch that was making me crazy a couple years ago has all but vanished.
Why "earworm" yuck what a name...is there any other references to what is going on with the repeating sections of this song? Are my myelin sheaths all shredded?
I suppose its better than an earwig....aaack! We all know what happened in tbat episode of Night Gallery :evilwitch:
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Earworm

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I didn't know this was a thing until I joined this forum a few years ago and asked if it was possible to get messages from songs on the radio or songs stuck in your head. I was informed then this was called an earworm, but had forgotten it until now. I don't know why they happen but I am under the impression that they are messages.

As for ringing in the ears, I also get that. Mine is not constant. It comes and goes. Is yours like that @Firebirdflys? Or, is it constant? I was also under the impression that the ringing was a sign that spirits were around me and giving off a high pitch sound. Recently, when I thought there was an alien in my bathroom, I also got the loud high pitch ring when walking down the hall and past that bathroom. I'm assuming you've heard of this idea and ruled it out already. I'm definitely curious why these things happen as I'm not positive my conclusions are correct.

Rosie
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I hadn't thought about that episode of Night Gallery in years. That was a disturbing story.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Wasn't it? eeek

I had two ravens swaking and hanging around this a. M. Perhaps they were the messangers for ...eh, hem, a particular raven incident.
The song isn't bugging me anymore.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Sarina

Post by Sarina »

It took me awhile to find this but it looks like 2 crows is good luck. These are some old sayings:
Seeing two crows means good luck.
Seeing one crow means bad luck.
If you see six, then that means death!
If you hear cawing in the distance, that means that death is very near.
If a crow is near your house, that means that you’re going to get bad news.
Finding a dead crow on the road means good luck.
Crows in a churchyard is a sign of bad luck.
Chinese folklore tells of a three legged crow that symbolizes the sun.Native Americans heralded the Raven as the bringer of light and associated the bird with creation because it was thought to bring light where there was none. In Celtic Symbolism-“Samhain” was a day when the Celts celebrated their new year. As part of that celebration, the goddess Morrigan presides over the celebration bestowing those born on this date with oracular and visionary traits. Morrigan assumes the shape of a raven.The bird was viewed as a seer and had special visionary powers. People also once believed that when someone died, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead.
Now, finding a dead crow as good luck doesn't make sense to me, especially if you killed it! And associating them with death makes less sense unless you think of them as bringing messages from those in spirit. I like those corbies!!! In fact my great grandmother's name was Hannah Corbett (little raven ).

Bright Blessings,
Sarina
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I usually have crows sitting in the neighborhood trees fussing at me and each other.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

RosieMoonflower wrote:I am under the impression that they are messages.

As for ringing in the ears, I also get that. Mine is not constant. It comes and goes. Is yours like that @Firebirdflys? Or, is it constant? I was also under the impression that the ringing was a sign that spirits were around me and giving off a high pitch sound. Recently, when I thought there was an alien in my bathroom, I also got the loud high pitch ring when walking down the hall and past that bathroom. I'm assuming you've heard of this idea and ruled it out already. I'm definitely curious why these things happen as I'm not positive my conclusions are correct.
Rosie
Yep Rosie, it comes and goes. Well maybe it's more like someone is turning the volume up and down, because at any given time there is always some kind of sound. Which I guess is a common phenom these days becsuse Our ears are subjected to so much noise pollution. But sometines in the dead of night when it's all quiet and calm, the small constant ring will suddenly get turned up to a screeching shrill pitch. Then there was the Taos hum in my head a couple years ago that was just a low constant vibratory tone just behind my right ear. (That nearly drove me mad)
So I guess I'm trying to figure out if all this phenom is messages, distractants, aliens at the controlls or what. Are they all somehow related? or is the music loop a brain short circuit? Again someone else at the controls? Becuse the harder you try to ignore it the stronger it gets. I find if I can truly distract my self with a project or sometimes a louder different song, my head will shush the noisy business for a bit.
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Earworm

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Okay the loud screeching shrill pitched ring sounds very similar to what I heard when the alien was in my bathroom. It was like when I walked past the bathroom, the volume got turned up, but once I was past the bathroom, it went down again.

I don't always hear the ringing though. There are times when it's totally silent for me. Also, I feel I'm easily able to turn the volume down myself. Sometimes, shaking my head and saying "not now" has worked for me to quiet the ringing when it comes. I started doing that when I learned it may be spiritual beings near me that are giving off a high vibration and I'm hearing that vibration in my ears as a ringing noise.

And, yes, if this is the case and what is truly happening, what is it? What type of beings are they? Why are they around us? I'm wondering if it's something we do to draw them to us? For example, my religious studies have lead me to explore the idea that ancient gods and Angels were really aliens from another planet. My interest in this could have drawn the alien to me..? Or, if I pray and ask for protection by angels, am I hearing the ringing because they are there protecting me as I have asked? Or, similarly, if someone tries to connect with a God/goddess or their spirit guides, does the ringing pick up because we have asked them to be closer? I don't know if that makes sense... But, it's something I'm considering as a possibility.

Rosie

Return to “Beyond the Earth”