Can a stone call to a person?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
evil ed

Re: Can a stone call to a person?

Post by evil ed »

Not all of one type of stone will call to you, and every now and then something you are expecting will shout out "HELLO!) :D

Walk through a local rock show, close your eyes, open your mind up, and see what happens!
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

It's one thing when they jump into your hand "me-me", and another when they flash lights at you.
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

SpiritTalker wrote:It's one thing when they jump into your hand "me-me", and another when they flash lights at you.
True, but it is a whole lot of fun when you have a lot of them doing it at the same time! :D

E.E.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Not only can stones call to people but seashells and feathers as well. I had several seashells and I wanted to give one to a friend so as I was going through them I was asking which one would be a good match and when I picked one up it just shot out of my hand and across the floor. I was like "I guess that's the one!".

I'm typically drawn to rose quartz and amethyst.

Rosie
silvergrey

Post by silvergrey »

I'm extremely drawn to blue sandstone. I have 2 pendants with it as well as a ring and I'm looking for earrings. For some reason I feel like I "need" this stone with me because it heals me, and I also feel like this stone connects me and my spirit guide for some reason. I'm a little confused why I have this strong feeling towards blue sandstone since it's a man-made material and essentially a type of glass rather than a gemstone?
I'm also drawn to obsidian, but not quite as much as the sandstone.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Heck yes! I find that's the best way to pick a stone for what you need - pick the stone that calls to you first, then learn the meaning later. You'll be surprised how much the meaning fits your needs.

That's how I am with sodalite. There's some blue lace agate I just bought that felt promising, too.
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

When I gather stones, I use my inner 'ear'. Each one produces a vibration according to it's mineral makeup and unique shape. Walking along a pebble strewn river's edge is like listening to a symphony. I wear a necklace of bear tooth and turquoise when gathering stones or harvesting plants. I find that it helps me to filter out background vibration. Bones and feathers are the same way.
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

I have never been attracted to stones before other than my personal liking of them until recently. I was shopping for new stones and came across an amethyst that I feel particularly attractive to. It was basically like what you could say calling for me. I have a very special attraction towards it, and almost every time I hold it, I feel like I am communicating with it. It is a wonderful feeling as it definitely help to calm my anxiety down.
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Mine used to be amethyst, but now it is citrine. Quartz has also been a constant though. I think we are drawn to the energies that we need or compliment our energy at that time in our lives. Well for me anyway.
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Took two friends who are new to crystals To the "rock shop" last Saturday. They are both just starting to learn about the energies. It was very entertaining watching them going through 55 gallon barrels of rock/ stone/ crystals, and listening to their reactions!

E.E. goodnevil
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

silvergrey wrote:I'm extremely drawn to blue sandstone...i feel like I "need" this stone with me because it heals me, and I also feel like this stone connects me and my spirit guide for some reason. ...sandstone.
Hi silvergrey. I was curious and looked up how the blue goldstone is made and it's properties. Copper is used for the red-brown stone which enhances dreams and telepathy.

The blue "goldstone" is made with cobalt which relieves melancholy and enhances recognition of the spiritual universe.

I don't care how it's made, it's gorgeous!

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”