Life after death

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Do you do tarot work, Scifichick? If so, I highly recommend Past-Life & Karmic Tarot by Edain McCoy. (This book taught me how to read Karmic tarot). Once you get the hang of it, the spreads in this book give great insight into exactly what it is you are searching for.
scifichick wrote: It would be really interesting though to relive some past lives, have a memory of them, or at least their lessons.
-I have no idea if I can offer an accurate read without actually getting the person to hold my cards, otherwise I'd offer to work one for you. (I don't know how Tigerlily does it!):wink: But I can at least offer my help, if you need any. It's worth a try anyhow. :28:

~BB~
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

Thanks! I do a little bit of Tarot, but I have not done Karmic readings. I will get the book and give it a try. Thanks again!
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

No problem- I hope it works for you! It's a great book. :28:

~BB~
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

I have a card thats been in my purse for weeks now, for a lady who does past life regressions, scifichick you seem to have had a good experience so I'll give it a try once I've sorted the rest of my life out, and got settled.

blessed be
APHRODITE
XXX
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

Yea, you should give it a try. I did have a good experience. I didn't know what to expect, that was my first time, but it turned out OK. Just go with an open mind and accept that whatever you'll see is exactly what you need to see in this moment. Good luck!
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

I was really hesatent to read or reply to this post as I have had abad experiance involving a "Life after Death" conversation. It lead up to the last time I walked out of a church and the begining of the quest for what I realy believed. Seeing some of the answers in here however, has given me corage to post my own thoughts on this subject.

First off, SciFiChick: I think you hit upon a very important point when you said
I think one of the hardest things is to accept yourself the way you are.
It is easy to look at someone else and judge/accept them for whatever they seem or, if knowlage is gained, for what they realy are. It's never easy to turn that light on oneself. It's a very enlightening experiance to see yourself not as you normally would but as others do, or, even beyond that , see yourself in the light of absolute truth with no excuses or lies, even the ones you have told yourself. It hurts but you can learn a lot. Over the years I have had those lights turned to me at varying intencities, it was and remains, a point of reflection when I start to feel disconected from myself.

I think along some very similar lines as Elem. It's a belief that has evolved over the years as I have observed and pondered on what I have observed as well as theories that I have posed to myself because of these observations and ponderings.

I believe that the energy within us is the same as the primal energy of the universe itself. I know that Energy can't be destroyed or created. It just is. This tells me that the electricity and baser energy in me is the physical manifestation of that divine energy. As I travel through life, I learn, discover and experiance life in my own unique way, as does everyone else. This changes the paterns in my mind and as a result, the energies within it. When I die, this body will cease to contain the energies and as a result, it flows back to the universe becoming one with the everflowing field. Think of it as pouring a glass of water into a bowl containing more water. The glasses contents becomes one with the water in the bowl. I believe that, in that moment when you merge back to the universal flow, all sence of self disapear, as the glass's water looses itself in merging with the water in the bowl, it simply becomes more water. We become simply, more energy in the field. All of our experiances and knowlage flow out into the field, mixing and merging with other knowlage and experiances. Eventually, as a new body is formed in the material, a ceartain measure of energy is drawn into the body and becomes isolated from that field and forming an individual. A self. It's like drawing a glass of water from the bowl. Yes it's water, yes it's the same amount as was poured in, but it's not the same water. It may have a little of the same water but it is fundamentally different water. This is why, I think, that so many people can accuratly recall having been a ceartain person from the past. (like say, Napolean, just to pull a name from somewhere.) When you weed out the ones who aren't telling the truth, the ones left may all simply have a small amount of the energy that once made up the "self" that was Napolean. I have not dove into my past lives but I believe that I have, lurking in the inky depths of my mind, several distinct fragments of "others" thought's, experiances, and even opinions. I am fairly ceartain that a measure of the energy that makes up my "self" was at one time housed within a female. I have ceartain thoughts and rememberences of experiances that could only have been femenine. I believe their are other "fragments" in my minds depths but I have yet to solidly latch onto them.

I know one day, I will die. This is an inevatability. It bathers me, even scares me to an extent that this has to happen. But it's just a fear of the unknown. I know my theory, I know that it is based in sound theory and thought, I beieve it to be sound. But the fear is of the simple variable that I could be way wrong.

Beyond this fear, in the light of concious and rational thought, part of me is awaiting my after death experiance with a quiet anticipation. The thought of sheading my inhabitions and merging with what "is", no more wondering, or unanswered questions, no insecurities or fears. I almost can't wait to feel those weights lifted from my minds shoulders.

But these are simply my thoughts and beliefs. Take them as you will.

Blessed be to all those who seek.

WolfWitch.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Elem

Post by Elem »

Thank you for sharing, WolfWitch.

It appears you've put a great deal of thought into this subject, and I love the way you've expressed your beliefs.

As seen in my previous post, my beliefs are extremely similar to yours with regards to this subject. I love the way you put it though - Much more elegantly than I did! It makes a lot of sense describing it as a bowl / glass of water.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your viewpoint :).

Elem
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

Thank you Elem. Usually I am far less eloquent with my speech but that is more to do with my job and all of the stress that comes with the territory there of. I'm not really sure why but, I have been thinking about this since around age twelve or so. In the begining, I cried myself to sleep more than once trying to cope with just the enormous scope of it all. Eventually I settled myself with the fact that I would never realy know until I get there and the best I could do was observe the world around me and try to peice together the "big picture" as best I could.

As I've grown older (and older) I've slowly come to realize that it isn't so much "seeing" the big picture that's important as simply seeing and understanding my place in it and learning how I can effect it. In a sence, I believe we all paint the big picture as we go along. I'm just trying to leave as pretty a landscape as I can.

Somehow, I fear, I am no Bob Ross.

Blessed to all whom seek.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
[Kristin]

for WolfWitch

Post by [Kristin] »

" I'm just trying to leave the prettiest landscape I can " What a beautiful thought!! That was as elegant as it gets, my dear.
Your thoughts on death come very close to my own. I was going to respond to the initial question but you put it so well that I felt I didn't have to.
I, personally, do not fear death anymore. As you grow older and hopefully wiser, there comes a time when death, in some cases, is just the right thing. Having just witnessed the case of my mother I realize that it is something she wants. A sweet release, in her case.
I feel that our perceptions of death change as the years go on. What one believes at 20 may change at 70.
But, I agree that the best we can do is to try and make the most out of what our talents are in the time given us.
What I have a hard time with, honestly, is why children suffer. This, more than anything, bothers me and it has always bothered me.
As I rode in an ambulance to the hospital with my mother, I talked to the Paramedic the whole way. He told me the same thing....He said that he could stand everything except when it involved children. He told me that when that happens, he has a very hard time trying to " shake it off " and get over it.
Anyway, those are just some of my ramblings.
But, my point was to tell you how lovely you expressed yourself.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

Thank you Kristin. I pray your mothers passing was quiet and swift. My condolences on the loss.

I don't fear death anymore so much as I fear dying. It's not what lies beyond but the transition that unnerves me. Oh well.

I can't remember the place I heard it, but there was a quote I caught once and it stuck with me. "Sometimes, death has a dignaty all of its own." I didn't understand it at the time (There's so much one doesn't understand at 15) but as I have grown older and had to see and be around death, I realized that sometimes, death is not bad or something to be abhored but rather welcomed like an old friend long traveled. My Grandfather was 96 when he passed from here. He had battled Ahlseheimers for 10 years or so prior but in the last year or so, it really took it's toll and he was so different from the stoic, rock of an elder that I had grown up respecting (and fearing to an extent.) When his death came finally, I found that I wasn't sad but rather quite releaved that his suffering had come to an end.

I feel for you and the paramedic. I returned from a year and a half stint with the Mid-Atlantic regeonal Honor Guard's funeral honors team. The first couple of funerals shook me slightly but I quickly steeled myself and became enured to it all, except two. The first was my Uncle Dwaine. I presented his flag to my Mother. This is something I never want to have to do again. The look in her eyes was way too haunting. The worst by far was for a chief that passed away while running. He was only 32, the same age as me. I stood there with three other team mates, presenting flags to both his wife, his father and his son, I broke. His son had been quiet the night before but was letting his emotions show at the presentation. I watched him cry and heard him call out and all I could hear and see was my own sone doing it over my grave. I'm sure I made a hell of an impression to his father as I presented a flag with tears flowing out of my eyes. I went home and cryed the rest of the night. (didn't help that my child gave me a hug when i walked through the door and said "I wuv you daddy." With Children, it's always the herdest.

Anywho, I am crying again now and need to step away from my keyboard.

Blessed be to all whom need.

WW.
[Kristin]

For WolfWitch

Post by [Kristin] »

Dear WolfWitch,
I am so sorry to have not been clear about my post. My mother has not died yet. She is 91 and suffering but has not passed. What I meant to say in my post is that she WANTS to die. And the family is all in agreement with her. We feel that she will be at rest and not fighting all of her physical ailments. She feels as though death is there, waiting for her. And does not understand why she is still here. So that is why I stated that it will be a sweet release for her.
Again, my apologies for the confusion and for upsetting you.
Death is one of the mysteries of the cycle of life that escapes me. But I now see it as a friend to some. In the meantime, we wait. But I am ready for the phone call.

Just to clarify, I was there with her after she fell and broke her neck....it was a "stress fracture" so no paralysis. The ambulance ride comes into play while I am there because she fell again and fractured her hip. No one seems to understand how she managed to survive the anesthesias.
As I said before, this whole thing is a mystery to me.
I feel terrible for upsetting you this way. It was not my intention. Please forgive me for not being more clear.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

It's okay, you did not upset me. Anytime I think of the next to last funeral I did at Honor Guard, I cry. It's part of being a father and understanding the boys hurt.

I hope that Death brings a peace when it arrives.

Goddess Bless.

WW.
Syrus Magistus

Post by Syrus Magistus »

What happens when we die is as varied as what happens when we live.

I think it's easier to talk about the evolution of the soul fragment, then to try and describe every scenario for the afterlife.

Base energies chose to come here, as we all do, to live, learn and share via a series of "rememberings" through life experience. Their ego is highly centered, and they are undeveloped in terms of ability to love unconditionally, move out of the material/physical desire state, and possess little PSI ability (as this requires a higher vibratory rate to pick up on subtle influences). Their vibrations are coarser and when they die, they spend time in the lower astral realms where they can often get stuck to a habit pattern, attached to someone or something, or spend time suffering over their condition. This is what you would call the famous "hell". For it is darker, coarser and often higher entities prefer not to visit it unless they are performing a soul rescue, or are to provide specific help. I once visited someone here and it was not pleasant. Robert Monroe attempted to perform soul rescues at this level (which are still being performed by graduates of specific classes at the Monroe Institute) and it's not always a success because of the degree of attachment that the soul is undergoing at the time.

Lower middle energies are more evolved than base energies. They have had more lives under their current ego (I'll explain spiritual birth later on) and start to develop their PSI ability. They will be curious about paranormal phenomenon, become less attached to material/physical things and will start to experience more of the true love emotion (in particular with their children and spouse) as well as improved dream recall. When they die, they are more lucid, know that they are dead, and often will gravitate towards their belief system. Here traps exist as well because controlling persons will try and keep a person at this level trapped in their own personal belief system through guilt and fear, which can cause a great deal of suffering. This person may also work out karma on the subtle plane, even between their now passed on self and a person who still holds a physical shell (through dreams). These people may also be introduced to subtle plane educational courses that cover a wide range of topics and even include the same sciences we study here! This level is often completely unaware of their abilities, and have no idea how to travel mentally, become invisible to the plane that they reside in, perform tasks that go against their beliefs (such as materializing objects, levitation, flying, etc.) This energy, as the one before, often will plan their next incarnation and the people they will be reincarnated with and their particular lessons.

Higher middle energies will know they have had past and parallel lives; will have developed PSI abilities, often come as teachers, healers, and spiritual leaders. They have great memory dream recall, and are at the end of their karmic debt cycle. When they die, they will ascend, as do the others, to their own energy level, which is often the higher of the seven astral planes. Here they will continue teaching, be fully aware of all of their subtle body powers, and can even ascend into the higher planes for knowledge, teachings, and deeper experiences. Often the place in the higher astral is what men in the past claimed was "Heaven". It is brilliant compared to the earth plane, full of loving beings, and the locale that light beings (angels) can exist. However, the planes do go much higher than this.

Higher energies are the born saints and masters. Their consciousness is seamless. In other words, when they dream (and die), they do not lose conscious control like everyone else. They came to earth purely to show us what our potential is in terms of love and glory and do so out of unconditional love for us all. Their vibrations are high enough that their "gifts" are evident here as well. Like Christ, they can become invisible to the naked eye and perform miracles. They are egoless and exist in godly perfection.

If you were to think of the above energy structure, it is like a pyramid. The masses on this plane exist at the broad bottom (base energy). As it moves upward and inward towards the top, only a dozen people exist at the higher energy state. These are the ascended masters who come here to teach love at the highest level.

I told a reader who recently asked me what happens after life to analyze their dreams. How you exist in your dreams (which is you already in the astral), is a good indication of how you will function afterwards. Are you teaching others? Have you mastered the subtle plane? Do you even know you're dreaming? This is why I stress over and over to learn your lessons "at a dream level" because it is easy to control yourself while awake, but the 'astral' dream-world is entirely different! This is why when I have mastered a concept in the physical, the first place I am tested is in my sleep! Over and over I am tested until it is thoroughly worked out.

As far as the "birth" of a soul, this is a good question. Since there weren't six billion of us a thousand years ago it's not too far of a stretch to know that souls are "born." But the real terminology isn't necessarily born, but re-manifested. Like science tells us, energy never dies, just changes form. New sparks of the Divine are created and allowed the opportunity to experience itself through the illusion of separation (ego). And when an ascended master rejoins the "whole" all identity is merged into one and the cycle can start anew. There is no birth and there is no death, just a constant re-manifestation of the whole.

There is to be no judgment of any of the levels, just as there is no judgment that first grade is "bad" for all of us go through first grade! Each level is necessary before the next, and a wondrous part of the experience we chose, consciously or otherwise. Now, although each step is necessary, there is no set time line that you must exist at one level for a specific period of time. Should we chose, we could ascend quickly or slowly, for we all have free will.
The source: http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/afterlife.html

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”