Am I doing my meditation right?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
hawkflower

Am I doing my meditation right?

Post by hawkflower »

Hello, I did a meditation to try and clear the bad feelings and energies from my mind. This was after the shooting of Orlando, where many people were lost. I got on YouTube and listened to Starhawk help me through grounding. I was able to ground myself, and after I continued to use my cone inscense to help me. I frequently touched my four stones, and pressed them to my temple, moved them through my hands and moved them through the smoke. I don't know why I did them, but, I felt as if I was drawn to do it.

I had my cauldron in the middle with a large piece of quartz to the west, rose quarts to the east, and two smaller pieces of quartz to the south.

After I did this, I set the stones like so, and waved the smoke over the stones. After accidentally knocking the stones over I realized that perhaps, my deity was trying to show me where I was wrong.

I had them resting on a crack that I created with the lid, the lid was covering most of my cauldron exept for where I laid the stone. I thought this would give the smoke only one way to escape. I am wondering if those natural feelings of doing those things, is my spiritual energy trying to pull me towards something? Or if it is my deity trying to show me how, and I can't really controll it and I clumsily knocked it over twice? Any ideas also on better techniques for grounding and connecting?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Am I doing my meditation right?

Post by SpiritTalker »

You are following what you are feeling, and that is always the right way to go. As I see it, you got it.

Fuming stones clears the emotional goo they collect from handling and use. You were sensing that they collected your negative vibes, so cleansed them. You knocked them aside. You were done with them. Our actions speak in very straight forward meaning.

For grounding, put down that imaginary tap root from the spine into the Earth, and let the energy drain off. Earth can neutralize it, cleanse it, reuse it. Then draw fresh energy back up the root to the spine, to the top of the head, and let it flow through the body as needed. When you feel peaceful, you're done. Return to normal and carry the peace with you.
hawkflower

Post by hawkflower »

SpiritTalker wrote:You are following what you are feeling, and that is always the right way to go. As I see it, you got it.

Fuming stones clears the emotional goo they collect from handling and use. You were sensing that they collected your negative vibes, so cleansed them. You knocked them aside. You were done with them. Our actions speak in very straight forward meaning.

For grounding, put down that imaginary tap root from the spine into the Earth, and let the energy drain off. Earth can neutralize it, cleanse it, reuse it. Then draw fresh energy back up the root to the spine, to the top of the head, and let it flow through the body as needed. When you feel peaceful, you're done. Return to normal and carry the peace with you.
Thank you so much, I feel way better :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

:mrgreen:

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”