Chris - Void Course Moon

General questions and conversations about astrology.
Bstnactrs

Chris - Void Course Moon

Post by Bstnactrs »

Hi Chris,

How much significance do you think the void course of the moon has on spellcasting? Any at all?

Stasia
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

That's a good Question Stasia,

Every 2 and a half days or so the Moon will go "void" for a couple of hours (sometimes longer) while it is "switching" between the signs. This opens up an entire debate about cusps and if they actually have effects at all. When the moon is, for example, 29 degrees Taurus or 1 degree Gemini astroogers who believe in cusps would give this area between the signs a special enhancement of meaning where the power of the cusp is highlighted and holds more sway than if it were 10 degrees Gemini or 22 degrees Taurus.

As for me, I am on the fence. Cusps work to an extent-not so much with the signs but the Houses. If you have a planet touchning the line of a House cusp it will really influence the chart. For instance, I have Mercury at 1 degree Scorpio cusping my Ascendant. This is a heightened position of an already Murky Mercury! There are times in transits I sense a restlessness, a kind of looming anxiety that lurks behind one's emotional resonances. When I notice this feeling, I check the transits and sure enough it usually a Void-Of-Course Moon. There is a kind of emptiness and anticipation and I would not want this energy involved in my spellcraft. But, I am sure I have cast before during a void moon--I am sure most of here have. It may change the energy of the spell but only somewhat. So I wouldn't worry too much about it. I suggest that you adopt an experimental attitude. You will probably find that the void moons are felt much stronger when it is transfering from signs that are more pronounced in your chart (or its opposite). For instance, I have a stellium in Libra (3 or more planets) and when the moon goes from Pisces into Aries, I feel the transition as if it were in and through me, whereas when the moon goes from Capircorn to Aquarius I don't notice as much. Keep an eye on the voids that you "feel" and take note--these would be the ones to avoid doing too much intense spellwork (at least for a few hours). Hope this helps and thanks again for the questions--THEYYYYYY'RRRRRR GRRRRRRREEEAAT!!!

Blessings,
bsp
Bstnactrs

Post by Bstnactrs »

Thanks Chris!

Stasia

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”