Visulation any tips

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Visulation any tips

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Hey
So I'm new to Wicca and I've been practicing meditation however I'm struggling with visualization. Has anyone got any tips? I've tried guided meditation yet I still cannot seem to visualise at best I see black and white shapes it's difficult to describe.
runrun131

Re: Visulation any tips

Post by runrun131 »

Hi there! I found the visualization tips Scott Cunningham has in, Wicca: guide for solitary practitioner, helpful to get started!
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Ah thanks I will have to purchase a copy of that book myself.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Practice makes perfect!
Find a random item and study it's shape, then close your eyes and try to visualize the item. Try to hold it in your mind for 10 minutes straight.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Thanks, I'll try that.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Or just think of your wardrobe and piecing together a fancy outfit, or putting together a meal that didn't come in a microwavable box. Or bits and pieces of a hobby. Recall a favorite childhood toy, or the faces of friends and favorite pets. Imagine the label on a favorite brand of beer, or other suitable beverage of choice. Reconstruct a favorite outdoor place you like to visit, then change the weather. Think of a favorite fruit, like a strawberry...color, texture, smell, and taste it. Build a pizza or brew a pot of coffee in your mind. Picture lighting a match, and then a candle, and blow out the smelly smokey match. Now look at the candle's flame, and its layers of color. Keep inventing ideas and never get bored.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”