Goddess Question

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Winter

Goddess Question

Post by Winter »

I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone could help me understand something. Last year, during what would turn out to be the worst experience of my life, I felt like the Goddess was there for me. I love writing, but I don't have the words to describe that certainty. I have never before had that sort of experience.

Anyway, a month later, I lost my own mother. That was a shattering experience and I ended up pulling back from Wicca and the Goddess. I was so confused and devastated at the time, but now I wonder if I made a mistake? Do you think I'll ever be able to have that experience again? I just had my first real spiritual dream in months, which reawakened a lot of this for me.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Goddess Question

Post by SpiritTalker »

Please accept my sympathies on the losses you experienced. Losing our parents surely rocks the foundations. We naturally shut down to protect ourselves, and we just as naturally open up again when we decide we are ready. You may or may not have the same relationship with Deity again...and you may have something even better.
Becks

Post by Becks »

That is a terrible time. My thoughts are with you. I think in time you will have more emotional room for your spirituality. Trauma rocks us to the core, and it leaves little room for anything else beyond breathing and surviving.
Winter

Post by Winter »

Thank you all. I really want to be open again. I'm a shy person and even more shy about communicating with the Goddess. That's why that time was so special.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”