I Need Help Understanding This Dream

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Silentfeather
Banned Member

I Need Help Understanding This Dream

Post by Silentfeather »

I was with a man I know in real life, and he said he had something important to tell me, he pushed me into a small room, and before I could say anything he was forcing himself on me, as he was raping me I realized that he was in fact the devil, all this time I was screaming at him and trying to get away from him, this is the scariest dream I've ever had.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: I Need Help Understanding This Dream

Post by SpiritTalker »

My first thoughts are a. You are telling yourself you should not trust the person, b. You are telling yourself that you do not trust your acquaintance with the person or where it may lead, c. The dream person may represent a stereo-type of person that you want to avoid.

We pick up subtle messages about people and/or our reactions to them; our subconscious dream-mind exaggerates the messages to draw our attention to them.

Ask Yourself in what ways you see devilish attributes in the person, and what devilish means to you. Then give it a reality check.

At the moment, you are safe. You are not in danger. Turn on all the lights, play music, eat something.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Either what SpiritTalker says, or you're externalizing a deeper fear of something else.

One way to overcome fear is by joining a martial arts club or dojo.
Mystikalsharyl

Post by Mystikalsharyl »

Everyone in your dream is an aspect of yourself - sounds to me like you are feeling forced into a situation or backed into a corner in some aspect of your life and the devil in the dream being someone that was the devil in disguise can show that you feel you are being untrue to yourself
Silentfeather
Banned Member

Post by Silentfeather »

Thank you for your replies, I honestly don't know why I dreamed about this man and him turning into the devil, as he always appears to be nice and friendly, in a way I think maybe it is a premonition about what kind of man he is in reality, there's just something about him that hasn't felt right with me.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”