Dreaming to be the same place

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
blue_moon

Dreaming to be the same place

Post by blue_moon »

Last week or so I was torn out of a dream that kept confusing me itself.

I feel pretty sure there is not much of a message in my dream itself (usually those kinds of dreams feel different to me) - and I probably would have forgotten about it if I hadn't told my husband that day and we both dreamt being at the same place that same night.

Our dreams weren't identical, but a bit like those movies showing a story from different point of views.. or so..

This is what I want to try to understand!

Confusing?
Maybe I should tell you about the dreams.

Me: I went to a party in a place we used to go (I worked there as a booking agent 15 yrs ago) it was great! Yet weird because of course the other guests were younger - and I haven't partied in a looong long time.

I felt nervous thinking of my kids. Wanting to go home. It was past 3 am. My husband was gone somewhere in the club. (Then some typical dream stuff happened, a mix of people, places and all). I found my husband - he was busy talking so I left alone (more weird dream stuff happened - i.e. my childhood friend was outside in her pjs, then my little sister came walking down the street in her pjs) - I wanted to rush and ran home. My daughter woke me up.

He: met his best friend and hang out at her place. Then they drove to - our old club (we knew each other back then but we're just friends). He remembered a lot of dream-craziness and a tattoo artist he spoke to for a long time. (He gets up a lot earlier than me. About 1,5 hrs that day).

Like I said - I don't think there's much behind the WHAT we've dreamt - but I think it's so odd we both dreamt of being in the same place that night. Never had something of the like before.
BB

Blue Moon
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Dreaming to be the same place

Post by SnowCat »

It sounds like it could be a message. I zeroed in on the pj's aspect. Usually, if my dream involves pj's or something else unusual, I take it as a sign that I'm supposed to remember it.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Thanks, Snow

The pj part was really odd - I left the building wanting to rush home and there comes my childhood friend - a little girl, maybe 5? In her pjs. "What are you doing here? You're in your pjs it's cold!" -"You weren't home" was her answer.
She didn't even wear socks. She was heading to where I came from and I was on my way home.
Then my sister - age 5 or six - in her pjs no socks- comes walking down the street "what are you doing here? I just saw V. - why are you in your pjs? " - "you weren't home"

But I think this is past calling and I'm remembering myself of the fact that I have a sister (-s the three of us grew up like sisters). Maybe it's just a feeling-memorie...
BB

Blue Moon
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Years ago, I had a similar experience with my then husband. We each dreamed we had a monkey. Our dreams did not track in other respects. We ended up having a baby together but splitting up and going our separate ways.
Myrth

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”