Nightmare

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Ravenstar

Nightmare

Post by Ravenstar »

I used to have nightmares about running from the devil. Other times it would be to him. I remember this one dream where I was a ghost in my house and my parang brought in a priest to get rid of me. I was scared. I heard the priest started saying names of saints. As the priest was going on I was more frightened. All of a sudden I saw the devil in front of me he hugged me as in an eerie voice said. Don't worry, he doesn't know all the saints names. I guess meaNing that the priest couldn't get rid of me. That was over ten years ago and to this day it feels like I just had that dream. I know Wiccan don't believe in the devil but I'm Catholic so I do. Can anyone tell me what this might represent? Blessings.
Heartsong

Re: Nightmare

Post by Heartsong »

Off the top of my head, it sounds to me like you were getting comfort from an unconventional source. And I think that you were looking for some kind of reassurance. If your parents, in the dream, thought of you as a spirit, then it makes sense that they would seek to help you pass on, but you perceived a threat. You didn't want to go, so therefore, the priest that came became a threat to YOU. So what's an even bigger threat to a priest? The devil.

Maybe you needed reassurance that you weren't bad, or evil, so you got that from what actually IS, according to Catholics, anyway. And maybe it was something letting you know that appearances aren't ever what they seem to be, and are only surface-deep.

Just my two cents. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”