What does the fox say?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

What does the fox say?

Post by Firebird »

:D aside from the catchy little tune that near drove us all crazy...what are your thoughts on Fox energy?

Had a really sweet sighting of the most beautiful fluffy red fox whilst on the Holiday stroll through the creek bed with me mum. We came around this corner and he bolted across the feild running like he were trying to escape....wonder if there was any relation to the dog that ran past us moments earlier, perhaps the dog spooked the Fox. In any case, I didn't really have time to fumble with my camera, didn't want to miss the moment. Mom and I stood there rather dumbfounded commenting on the large bounds he took and the way his flowing red fur bounced as he lept through the ankle deep baby grasses and disappeared into the brush several hundred yards across the arroyo.
It got me thinking perhaps it is a message to work with fox. Never saw a red one in the wild, it was quite a treat.

Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Becks

Re: What does the fox say?

Post by Becks »

That's a lovely experience. How lucky you are! I don't know what fox energy feels like because I have never seen one in person. They are one of my favourite animals however, and from online study and books I see them as focused, cunning, inquisitive, silent, and feminine. Not dog energy...not quite cat energy. I'm more curious to hear what you felt and what you think it is associated with. How wonderful!
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Oh wow, what a wonderful encounter! Thank you for sharing!
I've never seen a fox out in the wild - how special.
BB

Blue Moon
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

What does the fox say?

Post by RosieMoonflower »

My mother is 1/4 Native American, Cherokee to be exact, on her mother's side. Her mother passed when she was only 14 and I feel that she thinks knowing about her Native American ancestry is a way to stay close to her mother. So she took classes to learn Cherokee, speaking and reading. When my brother and I were born she also gave us what she called Cherokee names. Mine was Red Fox, tsu-la (chew-lah). So I always grew up with a fondness for the fox. However, once as a young teen a had a really horrific dream about a fox. I've mostly tried to forget, but basically the fox was after me and the only way to stop it was to dissect its brain, which was disgusting.. So since then I've been weary of foxes and don't even let my mom call me by that anymore. But, reading this today makes me feel like I should I should get over it, that was a long time ago. I've seen plenty of foxes in real life, always on the side of the road. They are actually really striking with their red color.

Rosie
BlueKat

Post by BlueKat »

Wow. Awsome. I'd say meditate on it a bit and see what is your inner feel about the fox.
I see a lot of foxea where I live.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I am not familiar with fox legends in the Americas. I am familiar with it from Japan though. In Japan, the fox is a trickster who is very similar to the coyote of Native American lore. But the fox is also associated with magic and shape shifting. So, often times they are also sorcerers.

There is a fox/rice kami (god) in Japan named Inari, and white foxes are his/her messengers. (1)

I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

The Fox is one of my totems, and an alternate former for me.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
terran22

Post by terran22 »

I saw a beautiful barn owl a few weeks ago and was amazed by the beautiful animal. I bet the fox was an incredible sight as well.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

I saw a red fox and her two kits cross the road about a month ago. It was a super rare and awesome sight! :)

I've always felt that my baby sister has a little bit of the fox in her. She's very impish and clever, and the gods know, the girl is quick as a whip with her wit. On the flip side of that, she's got wisdom hiding under that tricksy veneer that goes very deep. She's very perceptive, almost spookily so, and she easily figures people out, their motivations and such. I don't know which association came first, but that's how I see foxes as well.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Heartsong wrote:I saw a red fox and her two kits cross the road about a month ago. It was a super rare and awesome sight! :)

I've always felt that my baby sister has a little bit of the fox in her. She's very impish and clever, and the gods know, the girl is quick as a whip with her wit. On the flip side of that, she's got wisdom hiding under that tricksy veneer that goes very deep. She's very perceptive, almost spookily so, and she easily figures people out, their motivations and such. I don't know which association came first, but that's how I see foxes as well.
This sounds like me. At least the part about perceptions and figuring out people's motivations. And, I was a clever trickster in my youth, though I've grown out of that I feel. Maybe I am tsu-lah...

Rosie
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

We have foxes here, you all sound like you are in America? I am in England and in the woodland here we have a few fox homes.
The male has a very distinct smell and energy, I often wonder if he can smell me with my perfume/scent lol as much as I can smell him? The male is very lone, sly and clever and watches us in the yard from a distance, and the female vixen seems to do all the family work. They also wait till I go out to torment my chickens!

Return to “Animals and Pets”