Must Haves

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
LillyPlaters

Must Haves

Post by LillyPlaters »

Sorry if the topic has been done, I couldn't find one. I'm curious as to what your gemstone must haves are. What is most commonly used in rituals? Sabbats? I've looked online, but I'd like to hear from real people with real experience not just sources.
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Re: Must Haves

Post by EtherealMoonRose »

Great topic! Looking forward to hearing other peoples' essentials!

The ones I personally use most in rituals are-

Amethyst
Rose quartz
Clear quartz (multi purpose)
Black tourmaline (for protection)
Charoite (I feel the strongest connection to this one)

I have about 40 stones but these ones I use the most. Although it does depend on what kind of ritual I am doing.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

For divination work, or for connecting in general, I have three "standbys":
A 2.5" sphere of clear quartz- clear but with lots of inclusions.
A 2.5" sphere of grey/green/purple flourite.
A fist sized quartz crystal I collected myself in Arkansas.

For "extra mojo" it's one of two:
A 1" Heliodor (yellow) beryl crystal.
A pinkish lavender flourite octahedron. "faces" in this crystal are a little over 1" square.

These are the "regulars", If I'm doing anything special, or I need extra help, I reach out and see "who" connects and volunteers. - It usually works for me.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
LillyPlaters

Post by LillyPlaters »

Very cool thanks you guys. I have an amethyst but most of mine are all scattered so idk what all I actually have anymore.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I have a clear quartz and a moonstone I keep handy. But honestly, the stones I look to the most are the ones I pick up in random places that 'call' to me. They're usually just... you know, rocks.
naomij

Post by naomij »

I think it's nice to have a crystal which feels grounding, a crystal which feels 'clearing', and a crystal to represent each of the chakras. I like to have some tumbled stones, and some natural ones. My favourites are clear quartz, rose quartz, haematite, citrine, lapis lazuli, selenite and amber :)
LillyPlaters

Post by LillyPlaters »

I used to have a clear Quartz when I was little. I was convinced it was my special diamond. I carried it around with me everywhere. And then I dropped it out the car window over by the outlet mall. Never saw it again. I was devastated
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I don't actually use stones for spells and holding a charge of my intentions, but more to strengthen and bring clarity to my psychic abilities with their properties.

I have two, fist-size stones that i use the most of any stones: a light smoke quartz point for gazing and focusing in; and a red jasper chunk for grounding and self healing. I can't put jasper down sometimes, and just keep stroking it.

Labradorite and moldavite any size or shape: for creating the astral plane and meeting with spirit teachers.

Red Goldstone, manmade glass with copper sparkles: for remote viewing, and really mostly just for pretty.

Shungite: for water purification and healing.

Anything else in my collection of pretty rocks and single, small quartz points are for grids and layouts when problem solving and readings, just like some would use Tarot.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”