What is your "looking for" list?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
evil ed

What is your "looking for" list?

Post by evil ed »

Those of us know that the stone/crystal chooses us as much as we choose them. The best test of this is to walk through any rock and gem show and feel yourself drawn to a particular booth, then to a particular stone. You know it when you feel it!
Aside from this, I was wondering if others have a "looking for" list. Those stones that you have seen or heard about that you are on the lookout for. If so, what are your top three and why? I'll go first.

1) Tourmaline in quartz. I searched for 10 years (and considered myself lucky!) to find a piece where the quarts was absolutely clear (facet grade), with a single needle going through the clear quartz. I had my cutter in Ohio facet a stone from this piece. He never follows my instructions, but the end product ALWAYS turns out better than what I planned! I had wanted a round brilliant cut, with the tourmaline needle oriented from the dead center of the top facet (table) to the very tip on the other end. This way, the needle would reflect from every facet. Instead, he cut a beautiful cushion cut stone which had more life than anything I could ever have imagined. This stone "disappeared" during my divorce, and I am on a quest to find another.

2) chrysacolla and white quartz. What seems like a lifetime ago I found some of this material in an old rock shop/ military surplus store that was going out of business. The chrysacolla that was above the quartz was SOLID SKY BLUE, with no veining or fractures. The stones cut from this material could put the best turquoise to shame! Alas, I only bought 2 pounds of this material back in the mid '70s, and have never seen its like since.

3)Lavender lace agate. This material was in a rock shop in Indianapolis also back in the '70s. When they closed their doors in the very early '80s, all of their inventory went in storage. I know where this stash is located, and hope to do some "horse trading" to get some of this material.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Re: What is your "looking for" list?

Post by Silversong »

1) Tiger's eye. I don't even really care what color XD I've looked through several bowls of tiger's eyes (doesn't that sound creepy out of context) and have yet to find one that resonates with me.

2) Black tourmaline. I have something of an affinity for protective stones, if you hadn't noticed. Who knows why. Maybe because I'm a very protective person myself - if you even think about threatening my family and friend-family, you'd best be ready and willing to deal with my full wrath, and while normally I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky person, if you tick me off, I become very vicious very fast and if I get into a fight, I basically mentally sink back into my animal self - I'm still not entirely sure what that is, but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it's a carnivore, maybe a pack animal, judging by how she reacts to games and fights.

3) Tanzanite. I don't know why I kind of want a piece, maybe just because they're absolutely gorgeous.

I find I usually am attracted to stones that I am completely and utterly unfamiliar with - my tangerine quartz, for instance. At one point I wanted a black obsidian, but judging by how I reacted to snowflake obsidian, which tends to be gentler than black obsidian, before (and even after!) I synched our energies, I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet. In contrast, I wanted a rose quartz for quite a while, but when I finally found one that I do vibrate with, I find I'm not as attracted to it as I thought I would be. In fact, if I had to choose one stone of mine to give up, it would be that rose quartz without hesitation. Perhaps it is simply meant for me to pass on to another. Who knows.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I would like a yellow topaz, being it's my birthstone. But geeze, super unaffordable. Would like to see a raw one.
Watermelon tourmaline. ..if the way it rolls off the tounge feels this good, imagine holding a chunk. :surprisedwitch: ..again, spendy stone.

A meteor. ..because it's star stone !

Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
citrine

Post by citrine »

Tanzine / Indigo Aura. Hoping that this crystal will assist me in astral projection - haven't done that in a very long time, feels like somehow this ability went asleep again - and calm down my ADHD as well.
Aqua Lemuria as well, I'm drawn to all things Lemurian :)
Saol na saol, tús go deireadh. Tá muid beo go deo.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”