Narrow-minded jerk!!!

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

I get this sort of thing all the time, but oddly enough not becuase of religion. Right now I'm in transition.

I hear it from people that think it is wrong to be gay (I'm not gay, but I strongly believe there is nothing wrong with it, and am very vocal about it), from people with different political views, and from gear snobs (I play guitar, and gear snobs are people that say if such and such a guitar isn't a certain brand, it sucks).

People call me baby killer because I'm a registered democrat. However, what they fail to realize is just because I'm a reistered democrat doesn't mean I blindly accept all democratic views. In fact, my view on abortion is a little more conservative than most republicans.

Other guitarists (I'm talking about gear snobs) say I can't play because I have a brand of guitar they think is crappy. I don't need to point out why that is illogical. Often times I am a better player than they are. I remember one guy that say me playing my Fender. He told me that I really suck because I play Fenders, and if I really wanted to be good I should play a Gibson. Then I pulled out my vintage 1967 Gibson, his jaw dropped, and I very sarcastically said, "Man, its amazing how much I got better in two seconds!" He gave me a dirty look and left.

There will always be people in the world like this. I think you should stand up for yourself and what you believe in, so people will learn not to demean what you believe in. However, you shouldn't get upset, as that is what they often are trying to get you to do. Instead, have a little fun with them, and see if there is some way to prove them wrong and get them upset at the same time.
Lilith*Egon

Post by Lilith*Egon »

or "throw energy balls"! i tottally know how you feel! people like that are sooo frusrtating!
[new_witch]

Post by [new_witch] »

i don't like telling people that i am a witch only one of my friend knows about it to be honest if i would have read that 3 or 4 months ago i wouldn't have believed u either after learning reading and practicing Wicca i now know its not bad it never was my perspective was wrong because it was presented in front of me in a wrong way..........
knowledge is my aim.

Return to “Teen Concerns”