Seeing smoke while meditating

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
graveghoul

Seeing smoke while meditating

Post by graveghoul »

Hello everyone.

In the past 5 or so meditations, one theme seems to be prevalent. Perhaps you all can help me figure this out.

During my meditations i see billowing, bright, white smoke coming from the bottom of my vision (while eyes are closed) every time i meditate. The smoke is odorless and seems nonthreatening. It's as clear as the screen in front of you right now.

A little backstory. At the moment Hekate, Cernunnos and Kali are the deities i pay homage to. I also pay homage to my ancestors.

Oh, also i am a smoker and am trying to quit but not trying that hard to where i meditate on it lol.

Any idea what this billowing smoke/vapor could signify?
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Seeing smoke while meditating

Post by Seraphin »

For me, visions in meditations are deeply personal experiences and it's impossible for an outsider to interpret them. They have meaning only to the person seeing or perceiving them - unless of course you are projecting on behalf of another. In my opinion however, if I see smoke in my meditation, it might indicate I'm suffering from confusion, obscurity, uncertainty, worries and anxiety. White smoke, for me means emotions clouding my discerning ability.

Are you having a trouble of knowing the truth or the greater good? For me, this is a wake-up call to realize that we are given discernment and wisdom to autonomously pierce the smokey veil of ignorance and naivety, if we so choose. To do so, this veil must remain closed and secured in place until we unlock it by using the keys we're given.

Most people would say, "If the Deities would appear to me, and tell me to, I would believe in Them." Well, I would say that's a fine way of life -- for a person who has a poor eyesight. Besides, sometimes, events demonstrated, even after these people got to see things from the different perspective, it didn't help them; they kept following the "way they wished to be led."

Our Deities have given us something far, far superior to "poor eyesight/ clouded vision": the challenge of freedom and the skill of discernment.

I also do believe that some spirits and Deities assume forms that we can most closely and comfortably relate to like smoke or something else.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
graveghoul

Re: Seeing smoke while meditating

Post by graveghoul »

Yes they are personal. I now know that it meant something being hidden. Yes my circumstances are that of a logically minded person so the spirit realm, having no boundaries, confuses me sometimes. But a good facebook acquaintance helped me to clear up my block last night and everything from my meditations is making sense. I have a small bit of foresight and am being directed to understand divination better. Small step in an otherwise life long series of lessons. :)

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”