Shadow People

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Shadow People

Post by SpiritTalker »

Not all the spirits I've seen have appeared to be aware of their surroundings, but some do and interact with the physical. The few shadow people I've seen definitely are aware of their surroundings. They walk around, rather than through, the furniture.

Next time I see a shadow, instead of saying hello, I think I'll say the date...
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

@ RosieMoonflower: Many times I would wake up at 3 or 4 AM in the morning just in time to see a shadowy silhouette of a man walk past my bedroom window, so the entity was backlit by a scant amount of light coming in from a nearby streetlight. On one occasion, I woke up to see a pair of shadowy legs (nothing above the waist) walk past my bed and straight into the wall. As a kid, I saw human spirits during the day, but it was shadow people that showed up in my bedroom every night. They would wander around aimlessly, seemingly unaware of my presence, so I would remain perfectly motionless. Sometimes the spirit of an old man would arrive to chase away the shadow people; it was awhile later, while looking through a family photo album with my mom, that I was able to identify the old man as my great grandfather who had died a few years before I was born.
Student of Rosicrucianism, Neoplatonism & Hermetic Kabbalah.
silvergrey

Post by silvergrey »

I've seen shadow people a few times, like Snowcat says, they seem to sit there and watch me when I'm falling asleep.
At one point, I had a friend at the house while I was still living with my parents. We were home alone for the night, and I was downstairs doing the dishes when my friend came running down the stairs asking me if I'd just been upstairs. I said no, and if I had then surely he'd have met me on the stairs? He said he followed a person up the stairs all the way to the second floor. The lights were out so all he could see was a shadow, but he naturally assumed it was me. He was very frightened and wouldn't even sleep upstairs anymore.
I don't really remember being scared of the ones I saw because it was a long time ago.
I don't know what they want or what they are... maybe not all shadow people are the same thing?
samikcha

Post by samikcha »

Ok wow.. this is weird..I remember my chemistry teacher talking to us about his paranormal experiences. I remember one of his stories where he is followed by a shadowy figure... actually a shadow of a man following him and as he noticed that whatever ... it grew in size and got taller and taller.He got so scared and he just ran for his life. I have heard many stories where this shadowy figure can take forms of your friends, relatives and try to convince you to go somewhere. I am feeling scared now. Many people get sick after such encounters and that's what I have heard so far. I am scared now :(
samikcha

Post by samikcha »

People whoever are seeing shadow people and did not get sick means you people have strong shadow. My mom says that people who have darker or stronger shadows do not fall sick on such encounters whereas those with weaker and fainter shadows fall sick and I do not know what she meant by this shadow stuff that she was talking about and here we believe that they arr ghosts and some say that they are genies.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

@ Samikcha...We are using the word "shadow" to mean a few different things. The shadow people being discussed here appear as outlines, or a gap in the fabric of time and space of the mundane, physical world we are used to living in. We really do not know what they are, but many people see them. It may be they are at a place where time-lines of alternate reality are intersecting. It's a scientific theory that there are multiple planes. Like in Harry Potter films, Diagon Alley exists in their magical world but not in the world of muggles, but the wizards and witches can go back and forth in both. (that's the best example I can think of).

This shadow is not the same as a spirit of a dead person or some kind of spirit projection. Sometimes spirits look transparent and we can see through them, like through a shadow cast onto a wall. Sometimes the spirit of my grandmother has tucked me in bed. The first time she did so (I was 17) it scared the daylights out of me because that had never happened before. Now that I know who it is, it's nice.

Possibly the way your mother is using the word "shadow" is to refer to a person's sense of survival, the basic, core instinct to thrive. We all have this, but it is stronger in some than in others. If it is too strong or not balanced with spiritual qualities of mercy, a person behaves with self centered cruelty. That is what is called a dark shadowy personality.
Deerstep

Post by Deerstep »

I've only ever seen shadow people once. It was during a... difficult time in my life.

I grew up with amazing parents that loved me more than anything. But they started fighting when I was a young teenager. They worked through it, but for a while I wasn't so sure my family would stay, well, my family.

It started with whispers. It was especially bad when I was in my room, alone. Something far-off sounding and almost evil. I didn't like it. I felt invaded, like something had decided that I was prey. Some nights it was just a hiss in the dark, others, it would utter a single word that I couldn't understand.

Then, I started seeing them. There was just one. It was tiny, just three feet tall. Its back had long, curved spikes so dense it looked almost like hair, and wicked long claws, and a small head with no discernible ears, hair, or facial features. Just a shape in the shadows, a blink in the night, and it was gone.

One night, I woke up in the wee hours of the morning. It was 3:18am, I remember quite distinctly. A loud, deep voice had whispered in my ear.

"Kobold."

The thing was in the corner again. It was staying a lot longer than it had before.

I threw something off my dresser at it. Not really angry, but VERY sick and tired of seeing the thing and just wanting some peace. It was a piece of jewelry that my mom's cousin had given to me as a kid, and I'd kept it on my nightstand since. I hurled it at the shadows, and it vanished. A weight on my heart that I hadn't even noticed suddenly lifted. Soon after, my sliding grades began to improve, and my parents' meetings with the marriage counselor were starting to show their fruits. It was a little strange, but years later I put it out of mind. I never saw it again.

5 years later, my mom's cousin came out of the broom closet as a Wiccan. She told me that the necklace she'd given me was a shell of pink abalone that she'd enchanted with protective magick, just for me. These events started making a little bit more sense, now that I had a reason why the shadow-thing vanished when I threw the amulet at it.

You could say that it was the darkest time in my life, but it was also the first time magick helped me out.
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
Blusnayl

Post by Blusnayl »

In the way Light orbs tend to be attracted to those who emanate Loving energy, shadow beings tend to be attracted to those who emanate fearful energy.

If you wish to change the company you attract, consider changing the thoughts and emotions you choose focus.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I had one that lived in my house it was a bit of a trickster. But a theory for you to look into. In Egyptian mythology there are 5 parts to every living person: Ka, Baa, Name, a physical form, and a shadow. Just food for thought but what if shadows can exist on their own much like Peter Pan's.

Just food for thought.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I found this 3-part video called "what are shadow people?" by Eric Pepin, so you can check on YouTube if my copy/paste doesn't work.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=9EY4WaFGp1Y

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JldacmvMFiw

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=wZKnr4eoNEA

He basically sees them as beings of a parallel plane...whatever that may be, and non-threatening.
Danmagnamius

Post by Danmagnamius »

Blusnayl wrote:In the way Light orbs tend to be attracted to those who emanate Loving energy, shadow beings tend to be attracted to those who emanate fearful energy.

If you wish to change the company you attract, consider changing the thoughts and emotions you choose focus.
. My twin flame has had a shadow man follow her for her entire life until I turned up!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've only experienced shadow people acting as observers, and I like to say the date out loud to give them a clue in case they are time traveling beings. I can't think all shadow people sightings are the exact same thing. There are probably several kinds.

I've never felt threatened in any way, other than "whuzzat!?". The void black flatness within the shadow just seems out of phase, or a step back off the time-line, so it can't reflect light. It doesn't seem to absorb light either. It's just a space that's not there. Sort of. It doesn't give off energy or suck it up.

Y'know Danmagnamius, you believe so strongly in the concept of twin flames that I wonder if you are the shadow that watched over your partner, actually drawing you together. I have to admit that I'm unfamiliar with the term but it means a great deal to you and your partner. If I understand right, you haven't seen that particular shadow person. Only your partner has. So,would you be likely to see yourself?
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Recently watched a documentary about Stanley Romanek. He had several encounters with shadows and multiple encounters with the greys.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Bumping this topic up for new comer.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

I also once saw a "shadow person" during an early morning walk. He appeared very solid. His stride and gate was unusual, very graceful. He was perhaps 50 feet away and simply walked into a small tree and vanished. Made my hair stand on end. I immediately investigated the tree and surrounding area and there was no place he could have gone. The tree was only 6 inches in diameter. I suppose he slipped through an interdimensional portal.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”