EUTM Yule Swap Participant Thread of Likes or Restrictions

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Becks

EUTM Yule Swap Participant Thread of Likes or Restrictions

Post by Becks »

Hi folks...I wasn't sure where to put this, so if a Mod thinks it actually belongs somewhere else-please do move it. :D

This is an exciting time and more folks are on board for this project. I can feel the excitement and energy increase and that's pretty neat! It was proposed to me that those participating in the swap may wish to post likes, dislikes, allergies or sensitivities etc...so that the person who gets their name can come here and get a better 'sense' of who they have for the swap. I think it's a great idea, so if you are planning to participate in the Yule swap project please feel free to introduce yourself and post here.

Take care all! :fairy:
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Re: EUTM Yule Swap Participant Thread of Likes or Restrictio

Post by Silversong »

I truly don't care if you completely disregard this, for the record. XD As long as whatever I'm sent doesn't reek of mint.

Allergies
None.

- Crystals crystals crystals!!! (Please cleanse before sending if you're going to use crystals, though; please don't send me charged crystals. The last crystal tuned to someone else I got kept me from getting a decent night's sleep for almost a week before I figured it out and cleansed it. XD) (Doesn't have to technically be a crystal, by the way - stones, petrified wood/fossils, and obsidian and such count.)
- Smelly stuffs x3 I'm a sucker for citrusy scents of all kinds. Anything that smells like orange, lemon, or lime is an instant win. Please check my dislikes for scents I don't like, however.
- Rowan wood. Goddess knows why I have such an attraction to rowan wood; I've never even seen rowan wood in person in my life. XD
- Dragons. Well, I love all magickal/mythical creatures, but the dragons really hold my heart. I intend to start working dragon magick at some point in the near future, though probably not before I have a ritual sword of some kind (mine may well end up being wooden XD).
- Music. Music is my life-blood, playing it keeps my heart beating.

Dislikes
- Mint, most commercial incenses (annoyingly enough), any overwhelming scents.
- Demonic or undead entities of any kind. I will work with any creature except demonic or undead beings. I guess that maybe goes without saying, but... some like to dabble with the dark side. Me, I'm more chocolate and lemon and moonlight.
- Things representing the Divine tipped too much to the male side. Maybe it's the way I was raised, more likely it's some of the first Christian friends I had and their rather overbearing opinions, but it makes me antsy. I'm at present moment more comfortable with the Goddess than with the God, and while in the future I may be more open to reopening communications with the God, at the moment I'm not quite ready for that.

Generic About-Mes
Star Sign: Virgo
I am single and happy, not interested in a romantic partner, much to my friends' chagrin. I live with my single mother, who is also a Witch. I am, however, in the broom closet with the general populace, with only my closest-circle of friends knowing my spiritual and religious alignment. I don't need something that will be hidden most of the time, but having something that can be put away if necessary or isn't supremely obviously Wiccan might be a good idea. I don't have many ritual tools at present moment. I am very aligned with the Earth element, especially crystals and stones. Anything else, I'll put here at a later date.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Allergies: I have issues with some cosmetics breaking out my skin, but that generally isn't an issue.

Likes: All things that smell nice. I have an infatuation with owls, Buddha and Ganesha. If it is crafted, I will love it.

Dislikes: Not that I dislike it, but I will be living with my inlaws for a few months while we are waiting for our house to be ready, no nothing with an actual pentacle on it please. Mother in law is a newly "born again" Christian and very very nosey... Don't want to deal with her snooping and finding something that will set her off.

About me: I'm a proud mommy of two cats and two dogs. I am very much a kitchen witch- I'm always baking and crafting. I am an artist in my own right. I am painfully awkward and a bit introverted, but it suits me well enough I think. I am a outdoorsy type and I'm very connected to air and earth, working on my connections to fire and water.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Post by EtherealMoonRose »

Allergies: None

Likes: I'm really not that fussy and like most things, but I'll try to be really specific :)

Crystals of all kinds
Anything with faeries, mermaids, butterflies, birds
Altar items
Wind chimes and suncatchers ect
'Witchy' decor
I like woodsy/earthy scents
Anything vintage/antique looking
Flowers/anything floral
Incense
Candles
Trinket boxes, or anything used to store things
Anything to do with Astrology and the Zodiac (I'm a Capricorn)
My favourite colours are red, pink and black

Dislikes: i can't think of anything at the moment!

Just wanted to add that feel free to disregard all of this! I like surprises :)
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"
Becks

Post by Becks »

Hey there!

My only issue would be my allergy to lavender. That sucks because it's amazing and I love it. Plus, I find it's in many things witchy, and almost all natural body care products.

I will leave the other decisions completely in the hands of my secret Yule person. I love the adventure. :)
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

No allergies or anything like that here.
I leave it completely open- that's part of the fun!
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Thirteen

Post by Thirteen »

Allergies
- None that I'm aware of!

- Candles (Earthy, Clean, Minty, Lemony Scents!)
- Crystals & Stones!
- Greek Statues (Persephone, Hades, Demeter, Thanatos & Kharon)
- Incense (Lemon, Mint, Dragon's Blood & Full Moon)
- Crafting Supplies!
- Bottles, Storage Containers, Jars...ect
- Decorations!
- Jewlery (Bracelets, Anklets & Rings "size 7 or 8")
- Handmade Gifts!
- Tigers, Wolves, Horses & Ravens
- Greek Mythology
- Favorite Colors: Black, White, Purple, Blue & Green
- Herbs
- Witchy Things (Altar Supplies)

Dislikes:
- Lavender & Cherries
- Angels & Cherubs
- Spiders & Snakes
- Religious Items
- Oils (Unless Natural)
- Oil Warmers
- Wax Melts

About Me:
- Ethnic Jew
- Moon Scorpio
- 22yrs Old
- Happily Taken
-
Becks

Post by Becks »

I'm bumping this as there's a wave of late comers and folks who wish to participate. 2 very recently for sure, and 2 who mentioned interest but aren't getting back to pm's. I'm going to do another round of paining so if you would like in...jump in-I'd love to get you in the mix. The more the merrier. I had a person who was late to the party, and now I have people who wish to participate. I sent a pm days ago, but it's sitting in my outbox. I'd not like to think this person misses out a second time. I can really control that though.....so jump in if you want to. I will send out pm's tomorrow evening. If I haven't heard from folks by then, I'm closing it and any late folks can make arrangements on their own. We closed early because some of us like to craft and create and have sticky international shipping dates.

If you are interested read the original thread in the 'suggestions forum'. There are important considerations in there.

It's fun! Join up!
Peace out. :)
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
Becks

Post by Becks »

I'm just going to put a note here as well that officially this was closed in the main thread some time ago, and then we did another round of pairing late folks last week. If you are late and still wish to participate put a post in the main swap thread in the suggestions section of the forum....there may be another person that decides to get on board and swap with you. Please keep your personal information private in the main forums until you make the descision you are comfortable to share your personal information with another interested person.

Be well all!

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”