Still MORE Animal Encounters

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Middleagedseeker

Still MORE Animal Encounters

Post by Middleagedseeker »

:flyingwitch: Greetings all! So I posted here about nine months ago concerning the bird encounters I was having. Well since then we have moved and I'm having daily encounters with the turkey buzzards. I have read up about them online and I have really become fascinated with them. In fact, the day I came out here to look at the land for sale, there were these huge buzzard feathers laying all around. I found that very interesting because I had just started to collect feathers! Well I haven't come in contact with any chickens or ducks out here, but now it's several new animals along with the turkey buzzards. Seems like almost daily I have dragonflies flying around me. Sometimes it seems like they flit about just to get my attention? Sometimes they will land on the fence and just stare at me. I tried to talk to one the other day. I told it that I'm a little afraid of it and of most bugs in general, but I wanted to know if it was trying to tell me something? Also blue-tailed salamanders and praying mantis are coming to me regularly. My friend who is not interested in Paganism or Goddess Spirituality at all says I'm just seeing animals because I moved to the country and it doesn't mean anything. But I seriously feel that these animals are trying to communicate something to me.
I have been working quite a bit with Artemis, and I feel I have developed a relationship with her. I feel very much "at home" when I'm outside in nature now, and I never really felt this way before. I've always been a beach lover, but I was never into walks in the woods or creeks, etc, but now every day I'm out in the woods walking or going down to the pond to look for turtles, and I feel very comfortable and at peace. So does anyone know if the turkey buzzard, dragonfly, praying mantis, and blue-tail salamander have anything in common? Sorry for such a long post but I just needed to get this all out! :surprisedwitch:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Still MORE Animal Encounters

Post by Firebird »

Sorry, cant make a long post at thus moment, but I would say each of those animals is associated with an element.
Dragonfly, water
Salamander, fire
Vulture, air
Mantis, earth
Back later!
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Middleagedseeker

Thank you Firebirdflys! I'm thinking maybe I need to work with all the elements? Get to learn about all of them maybe?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It sounds like the elements are definitely giving you a warm welcome. I'm feeling a bit envious.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

As an aside, every time I see dragonflies, it has been a sign of change to come. You are about to discover some amazing things about yourself. Enjoy the trip.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Middleagedseeker wrote:. But I seriously feel that these animals are trying to communicate something to me

ANY image, encounter,sound, etc in the world is a communication .. They are DEFINITELY reaching out.
Middleagedseeker

:flyingwitch: Thanks everybody for helping me out!! I have definately been feeling like I have "come home" since I have come to know and work with Artemis. When I was younger and curious and kind of dabbled in the occult I really didn't understand at all like I do now. Guess it just wasn't my time back then? Now that I'm older and a little wiser, I feel I can truly understand and feel comfortable embracing the Goddess. I want to learn and understand more about working with the elements, but I have to admit that I'm afraid of fire! Just like I told the dragonfly that I was afraid of it, maybe I need to do the same with the fire element?

Return to “Animals and Pets”