Moldavite

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
dualhands

Moldavite

Post by dualhands »

Hey everybody!

I've been looking for moldavite lately, and my go-to metaphysical shop doesn't carry it besides set in silver. I'm looking to wire wrap it so that doesn't do me any good. I have a feeling I'm going to have to go to etsy for it. :x

I'm curious to see how anyone else here has re-acted to moldavite. I have read you seek it when a spiritual change in forthcoming in your life. I'm looking for people experience with this stone.
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Angelhair

Re: Moldavite

Post by Angelhair »

Hi dualhands. I have had moldavite for about 5 years now. I find it makes me a little spacy. It's only a tiny piece, but the price was extortionate. As it is, I don't like working with it. Unless it's along side clear Quartz.
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I like the idea of a stone making me feel a little spacy. It leads me to believe it is a very powerful stone! I have a crystal bible, and there are quite a few stones that seem to work well with it. I've just yet to be able to get my hands on any so far.
Angelhair

Post by Angelhair »

Some museums seem to have a supply. Good luck with your search. Image
Angelhair

Post by Angelhair »

Rather liked the fact that the piece I acquired was crescent shaped. Tried to upload photo. Not sure if it worked.
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

Yes it worked! That's quite a nice piece!
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Dualhands,
Might I suggest go ahead and go to esty and
from there check out CoyoteRainbow's store.
He usually has some laying around. I got some
from him and one had a void so I stuck a
needle quartz point in that void and WOW !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Becks

Post by Becks »

Did you get any moldavite?

I have several pieces ranging in size. I have worn it in jewelry and used it in medicine pouches for specific journey work.

I agree with Angelhair in that I feel it vibrates at an exceptionally high frequency, but of course it is born of an instant event of tremendous power originating from outside our planet.

I have paired it with clear Quartz as well. I think I eluded to the fact that when I use it-it's generally for high energy journeying and projection. I'm likely not to choose this stone when I need grounding. I am also very honest with myself and don't use this stone if I'm not in peak tip top form. This is just my opinion and personal experience.

Have fun exploring!
citrine

Post by citrine »

This is quite interesting... felt not much when purchased a tiny piece of it, but yesterday moldavite incense arrived... right now burnt one of the cones and the side effect among neverending crown pulsation is being hyperfocused, hearing wind blowing through my window more forceful than usual and hearing a weird click somewhere in my room, roughly every 5-7 minutes. This is indeed weird. I plan to burn at least one more cone during my full moon ritual today, or maybe even two, and will see how it goes then. I felt almost compulsion to burn it since some really bad memories popped up. No bad memories so far.

Did anyone use moldavite with herkimer quartz? Thinking to buy a pendant... since realizing that being strongly drawn to its energy now.
Saol na saol, tús go deireadh. Tá muid beo go deo.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Incense cones made from the stone? Do i get this right?
BB

Blue Moon
citrine

Post by citrine »

Not really, incense infused with essence of moldavite rather. Taking into account its properties, it's possible to get the essence of this, but about other ingredients - honestly, no idea what else they put in there.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Ok i get that.
But it doesn't say what's in it? Might as well be responsible.fir your receptiveness.

I'll have to keep an eye out for these - nit only is it fascinating but comes from an area i feel highly connected to.
BB

Blue Moon
citrine

Post by citrine »

The best is to order directly from Czech websites... http://www.rockshop.cz/store/index.php? ... ct=viewCat for instance - got a recommendation about this one, will test & update directly upon successful purchase.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

They charge a lot!! I found a german shop the <1g stone kosts less then 2 euros compared to the price in the cz store 8 dollars.
I'll do some research
BB

Blue Moon
citrine

Post by citrine »

Hmmm. Too cheap for Moldavite likely... thing is, there is possibility to end up with fake moldavite, according to many american resources at least... Would be good to chat to the owner, if there's solid mineral knowledge then... might be okay...

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”