Not sure how to properly approach magic healing

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Elysium

Not sure how to properly approach magic healing

Post by Elysium »

I'm usually very confident in my spell making and spell casting, but I've come across a really tough situation that's kind of zapped my confidence.

My cousin's 3 year old son has cancer, and while the doctors and experts are helping him physically, I want to assist magically. Yet I'm terrified of approaching it the wrong way. I want him to be able to live the rest of his life, but I don't want to end up drawing out his suffering if things truly get bad. I've asked the Gods to watch over him, but I feel like I'm floundering trying to get my head straight to work some beneficial magic. I feel like I need some help on perspectives on how to tackle things from a magical perspective. I might be so close to the issue that it's clouding my judgement.

What makes things harder is he's very far away, so any touch based healing is limited.
I am but a small stone in the river that is enlightenment
dualhands

Re: Not sure how to properly approach magic healing

Post by dualhands »

Do you know any reiki practitioners? when you graduate to the second degree you learn long distance healing. If im not mistaken I believe there is someone on this forum who does long distance healing.

As for approaching it the "correct" way ( personal opinions vary ) Why don't you conjure up a spell to make him comfortable rather than try and heal his ailment. As you seem to be concerned for his comfort. Let the medical doctors work on the cancer itself. While you can focus positive healing vibes from where you are at. As well as conjure up a spell to bring him comfort and peace. As that's what the boy deserves.
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

A lot of the work of combating illnesses, both physical and mental, is actually not medical science or the direct healing processes. It's your attitude, your will to survive and thrive, your support network (family, friends, etc...), and your ability to keep holding to the positive even when things get tough.

If you aren't trained in healing magic, I would advise trying it. Instead use your efforts to bolster his spirits, brighten his day, etc...
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

Thank you for the excellent suggestions dualhands and vesca, they're good places for me to start. I've looked into reki before but I'll take a closer look. Can't hurt to expand my horizons. In the meantime I will focus on comfort and keeping his energy positive.
I am but a small stone in the river that is enlightenment
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

You might also want to look into shamans. They are quite adept healers. But keep in mind that results wont be immediate in any magical route. Its more of a pick-me-up for the soul.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”