Past Life....Recognition?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
SunshineintheDark

Past Life....Recognition?

Post by SunshineintheDark »

I'm sorry in advance if this is long....:)

I don't know how to word this so that it makes sense. Is it possible to be aware of a past life without having memories of it? All of my life I have felt like I was born in the wrong century. I used to literally be mad that there was not a time machine somewhere to take me to a few hundred years ago. If I could find a pattern, I would make and wear period dresses on a regular basis, and people would think I was nuts. My long term dream is to move off grid into a house that we have built ourselves, and live completely off the land. But I have no experience base for that. I didn't grow up on a farm, always lived on grid. But to me, home is in the woods. Where there is no sound except the birds, and the leaves swaying. I recently discovered Celtic music, and it triggered something in me, started a new "dream". I want to dance around a bonfire, where there is a flute, or bagpipes. Faster and faster, until I fall on the grass and watch the stars while the fire flickers and crackles.

It's hard to describe the longing. It's like walking through a door and realizing you went the wrong way, but the door locked behind you and now you have no way back. And as I was analyzing all of this in my head last night, trying to fall asleep, I wondered if it were possible that I am reminiscing about a past life? I don't know. All I know is that I want to be a medieval peasant.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: Past Life....Recognition?

Post by AdastraJunction »

It is very possible that is could be remnants of a past life. You could always do a guided mediation session to find out. Otherwise... you aren't alone! Many, including myself have felt this way. Hence my building my cottage in the woods! It isn't uncommon to feel out of place in this crazy world and want the simpler life. Sometimes I think we have grown beyond ourselves too quickly and have need of the times when we only had to rely on the earth itself to clothe, shelter and feed us. Because of this I am a huge advocate of self farming (keeping chickens and things to provide family food source), aquaponics/hydroponics and organic farming. Using as little technology/electricity as possible, in the evenings I only use candlelight unless I am on my computer or doing a detailed art piece where I need more light. I also cook over an open fire when possible.

Doing small things like this can help ease that feeling. I would suggest PLR (past life regression) just to ease your mind if nothing else.
SunshineintheDark

AdastraJunction wrote:It is very possible that is could be remnants of a past life. You could always do a guided mediation session to find out. Otherwise... you aren't alone! Many, including myself have felt this way. Hence my building my cottage in the woods! It isn't uncommon to feel out of place in this crazy world and want the simpler life. Sometimes I think we have grown beyond ourselves too quickly and have need of the times when we only had to rely on the earth itself to clothe, shelter and feed us. Because of this I am a huge advocate of self farming (keeping chickens and things to provide family food source), aquaponics/hydroponics and organic farming. Using as little technology/electricity as possible, in the evenings I only use candlelight unless I am on my computer or doing a detailed art piece where I need more light. I also cook over an open fire when possible.

Doing small things like this can help ease that feeling. I would suggest PLR (past life regression) just to ease your mind if nothing else.
Thank you :) I was actually thinking last night about only using candles in the evening. I have a small container garden for now, and we are planning on buying some land early next year. I can't wait to get chickens :) It's all a recurring daydream for me.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Ooo, you all are speaking my language. I third it, all.

I helped out a local elementary school's "California Pioneer Day" once. During the reenactment, we slept at a fort settlement, baked bread, dipped candles, made corn dolls, panned gold, crafted simple wooden objects. Then, storytelling at night! Prior to the event, I sewed "period clothing" for me and a kid to wear, and bought ankle boots from a thrift store closely resembling settlers' boots males and females typically wore at that time.

Walking around in that environment, it felt so right. I felt I belonged there, eating fresh food, no electronics (nothing needing to "charge," lol), people actually talking to each other instead of staring down at little screens. Man, what a feeling that was, what a blessing to experience. I loved wearing the clothes, and little girl loved the hooded cloak, gathered blouse and jumper dress I made for her, so unlike clothing she is used to wearing. She spun around in the cloak, lol.

SunshineintheDark, indulge your urge to dress how you feel compelled to, you'll LOVE it! Maybe your soul is indeed remembering. Civilization has made many great gains, but it's also sustained many irreparable loses, things it will not be able to "just Google" to understand but must actively experience, things that won't be replaced, there won't be an app for that.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Where in the US are you?
I would suggest joining up with a local SCA group or finding a Ren Faire to work at.
Ha ha you guys...isn't it just like a witch to want to live off the land in a remote cozy home in the woods?
what we need is the witches commune. :fairy:
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SunshineintheDark

Kassandra wrote:.

Ooo, you all are speaking my language. I third it, all.

I helped out a local elementary school's "California Pioneer Day" once. During the reenactment, we slept at a fort settlement, baked bread, dipped candles, made corn dolls, panned gold, crafted simple wooden objects. Then, storytelling at night! I made the clothing for me and a kid, and bought ankle boots from a thrift store closely resembling settlers' boots males and females typically wore.

Walking around in that environment, it felt so right. I felt I belonged there, eating fresh food, no electronics (nothing needing to "charge," lol), people actually talking to each other instead of staring down at little screens. Man, what a feeling that was, what a blessing to experience. SunshineintheDark, indulge your urge to dress how you feel compelled to, you'll love it. Maybe your soul is indeed remembering.

Civilization has made many great gains, but it's also sustained many irreparable loses, things it will not be able to "just Google" to understand but must sincerely experience, things that won't be replaced. Nope, there isn't an app for this. :wink:

:) That is what I seem to crave. I have tried to find patterns, but I think either I am not going far enough back, or I'm not sure what the period clothes are called. I know it's farther back than the 1800's, because I've looked for those, and they're not right. I'm not sure what time period I am looking for, but I'd know the dress/skirts if I saw them, you know? I'm also guessing what I'm looking for was European.

ETA: I'm in IN :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Try thumbing around the costume section of pattern books at a nearby fabric shop, if you have one nearby. There are clothing styles of many different eras represented in them.

Adiens

Post by Adiens »

In regards to what Firebirdflys said if you live in Indiana, then you live somewhat close to a Renaissance Faire. There's one in Wisconsin. I'm from IL and go to the faire frequently. It makes me feel so at home. I share your sentiment about the being out of place time period wise as well as yearning to live in the woods.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”