Where to buy essential oils?

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
EternalRos3

Where to buy essential oils?

Post by EternalRos3 »

I would like to start using essential oils in my daily routines, but can't seem to find them locally. Is there something blatantly obvious I'm missing, or are they easier to buy in bulk online?
If so, any recommendations?
I found a few through the body oil site I buy from but the list is small, and I'm not too sure I like the prices.

Also, what is a good list to start with?
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: Where to buy essential oils?

Post by AdastraJunction »

Fruitful Yield and most health food shops have them but make sure you know how to use them properly for your purposes (like knowing how to use carrier oils). Amazon! I also use to use a place online I think it's called Young Living
EternalRos3

Post by EternalRos3 »

I almost asked if there was anything I should know about using essential oils, but then I thought that was a stupid question.

So - any particular strengths that I should focus on?
What is a carrier oil?
Any restrictions on use /non-use aside from the obvious "do not ingest"?
Anything else in particular that should be stated for a first timer?
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

I usually reference the NAHA (National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy) they should have somethings on there site for you to look up. Carrier oils (like sweet almond, coconut, etc) are used to dilute the 100% pure oils when using them for example on the skin. You NEVER want to apply 100% pure oil to the skin. That sort of thing. I have a few books I'd have to go find them before I can make a suggestion on reading material.

Edit*

Essential oil Safety by Robert Tisserand, Essential oils for Beginners by Althea Press, The Complete Book of Essential Oil Ad Aromatherapy (600 recipes) by Valerie Ann Worwood, Clinical Aromatherapy by Jane Buckle, PH.D
EternalRos3

Post by EternalRos3 »

Thank you so much!

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”