General questions about divination

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.

Divination...

Cards
29%
pendulums
35%
Scrying
6%
other
29%
none
No votes

Total votes: 17

MsMollimizz

General questions about divination

Post by MsMollimizz »

I was using my pendulum last night and I got to wondering...
I will be adding more polls to this thread as Gentle People vote
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
MsMollimizz

Re: General questions

Post by MsMollimizz »

Tell us about your divination choices...
Why do you use the ones you do ?
Do you have better results with one over another ?
Why do you think this is so ?
What deck(s) do you use the most ?
Did you buy or make your pendulum ?
What stones does your pendulum have ?
Black mirror ?
Did you buy or make it ?
Do you use any other type of divination ?
Have you considered trying other methods ?
Do you have short-story about one of your readings ?
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
P.S. Cannot add another poll :|

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I use cards a lot but I like my skrying mirror too. I will gaze into the darkness then do other kinds of readings like tarot or animal oracle decks to clarify what I saw in the mirror. My mirror is very special to me, the frame is an oaken ring and was part of a second degree project, then I had black glass cut special for it. I love ceramics and the Raku firing process, so with the clay I made crescent moons for the outside of the oak frame and a round moon to cover the mirror when not in use...the glaze came out like rainbow gunmetal, then embellished with copper wire. It's beautiful though pretty clunky, but sooo functional. Maybe I'll post a pic someday, I tend to shy away from posting pics of magical tools.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I read somewhere instructions on making a scrying black mirror,
I might still have it somewhere. Scrying has always fascinated me...
I got a 2in obsidian sphere I thought maybe some day I'll use it
for scrying ? Lately, I thought I shouldn't spread myself too thin :?
Your mirror sounds like it's beautiful and heavy ! Quite creative !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

I do mainly scrying and the occasional tarot. I find my pantheon prefers scrying though and I receive better results, though it is much more tiring. I use a black mirror or a black bowl with water.
NP

Post by NP »

I have a tarot deck, but I don't use it much. Fire scrying has always spoken to me the most.
Blackthorn

Re: General questions about divination

Post by Blackthorn »

At this stage in my practice, I have only ever truly used tarot cards. I received my first deck when I was 13 or 14 years old, and I convinced my mum to take me to a witchcraft shop I always wanted to visit. That deck was a Lord of the Rings deck, and the cards looked more like trading card game cards. I love that deck and used it for many years, but it was slightly embarrassing to use when you're doing readings for people and seems like you're looking at Magic the Gathering cards haha. I received a couple of other decks over the years, but I never established a connection to them and felt the more appropriate path was to regift them.

The deck I use now is just a regular Rider-Waite- I really like using this deck. I'd also like to get some oracle cards as I've never tried them before. Eventually, I want to begin learning rune divination but I feel like that is a little further down my path.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Blackthorn,
(being nosey!)
You liked them when you bought them(LOTR)
but you were "embarrassed" in public ?
That's why there are 2,000 decks (probably now!)
so we can get those we connect with ! You should
see the Halloween tarot deck, they're pretty cool ::coolglasses::
So did you give them away already ?
you remember which decks they were ?
I've contemplated getting a round deck but
haven't found one I like yet...I like "different"
types. Like the skulls I get are odd to say
the least !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

Yes, I was embarrassed. I probably wouldn't be now (but I don't do public readings and prefer my Rider-Waite deck these days), but when I was 17 and trying to get my volunteer hours for high school, and I was doing readings in a mall fair for people and classmates who are already giggling at me (remember, I was 17)- to be using cards like this:

It was embarrassing for me as a kid that had a lot of social anxiety as it was. Every reading, before I could even get to it, people were asking me, "are these tarot cards? I don't think they look like this? These look like playing cards." etc. That was 8-9 years ago now and I feel very differently.

I still have that deck, for the memories, but I don't use it because I prefer my Rider-Waite for readings. The decks I gave away were a Rider-Waite and a dragon tarot deck. I found people that could use them a lot more than me and I felt like it was my purpose with the deck to regift them.

I do a lot of window shopping with tarot decks online- there are some I'm very attracted to! But I think the next deck I acquire will be an oracle deck :)
Herzen

Post by Herzen »

I use runes for divination. It took me a while to really feel good using them, but now I can feel a connexion with them. The one I use are made with citrine and it's an easy mineral to work with so it helps too.

I really want to learn more about cards, but I feel like it's too soon for the moment, so maybe later.
~ Disciple of Artemis ~
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Tarot cards are one of the only forms of divination I have dabbled with. I was in love with my deck and I am still devastated to be missing some of my cards. I have had my deck since 2009. But, now I'm looking more into using a pendulum. I have a few stones that would make great pendulums I think. But, I'm not sure how to wrap it and add string to it.

Since my major arcana is still in tack, I have used them a few times and they do a good job of providing a simple reading of major events. But, without the other suit cards the minor details are left out. I guess that's why they call them major and minor arcanas, lol!

Rosie Moonflower [TULIP]
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

RosieMoonflower...
I don't know what kinds of implements you have so I'll ask !
Do you have a way to drill and put an eye-let in stone ?
Maybe superglue a flat eye-let ?
Wrapping...I think maybe like one would wrap a crystal onto
a wand if that would work ? As long as it hangs well... :fairy:
Maybe you can show us when you get it figured out ??? !
Herzen...
When you are ready they will call to you !
Blackthorn...
I like the pic you posted ! I would use them if tarot worked
better for me-always felt like there was something missing !
NocturnalParadox...
When I go camping I'm always the fire-tender. I would think
fire-scrying would be cool but won't be allowed to just create
a fire. Been too windy here in the desert lately. Worth a thought
tho !
AdastraJunction ...
I had given scrying a thought, I even have an obsidian sphere I
could use. I'm still trying to improve my Soul Cards readings
for the time being.
FireBirdFlys...
I have a feeling that scrying would be easy...I have a great
imagination if that helps ?
Gentle Red Light to all !
:flyingwitch:
MsMollimizz

TheWhiteWitch

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

When I first got into pagan beliefs (7 years ago.. Wow didn't realo it had been that long!) I played around with tarot cards and gave many readings. They were all very accurate and fascinating. My catholic Dad got very angry though and called them satanic so they were thrown away. It was such a waste. They were so beautiful. Now that I'm older and am back into exploring my faith I really- am I mean REALLY- enjoy my pendelum. It's beautiful and I connect with it so easily. I lose track of time just talking and asking it questions. I am very insterested in dipping my toes in mirror scrying and runes. There is a rune set on Amazon I'm eyeballing that is absolutely gorgeous! I might also get another deck soon possibly a mermaid or faerie one.
SirisDerp

Post by SirisDerp »

Greetings!

I started out dabbling in scrying with a black mirror that I made myself. I moved away from that when I didn't feel like it clicked with me.

I've tried using a pendulum. I own a quartz crystal one that I love. It can turn into a bracelet but I keep it in a pouch in my purse. It's fun to dabble with but, again, this method didn't click with me.

Moved into tarot and the first deck I received where Manga Tarot cards. The cards were huge! I didn't click with that deck and ended up giving it away to a friend. I managed to get my hands on oracle cards called Shaman Wisdom Cards after having a series of dreams revealing my animal totem. The deck happened to have the animal depicted and it's resonated with me. It was easier to work with compared to tarot, simpler even.

I then got myself another another Manga Tarot card deck this time of a different art style. It was more the appropriate card size but it felt very thin. I can pull accurate readings and it's served me well. Some years later my friend showed off this tarot deck called Chrysalis Tarot. As soon as I saw a picture, I felt such a strong pull. It was like I got hit in the chest. I got myself a deck a few days later and I've bonded with it the same way as my oracle cards. The illustrations are beautiful and it somehow unique compared to other tarot cards.

I may look into a new deck but it's doubtful. I'd like to revisit scrying in the future. It felt like it was more of an advanced method to me. I know I'd like to get into runes. The god, Loki, has been resonating with me for years but I never took the time to visit ways to connect with him. I thought it was more wishful thinking on my part but I feel runes would be a good start to align myself to him.

Return to “General Divination”