ROLL CALL!

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Deejean

Re: ROLL CALL!

Post by Deejean »

Silversong wrote:
Deejean wrote:
Silversong wrote:*sneaks cookie off of lavender's plate* Completely randomly, how many of you are actually teenage/younger Witches, if you don't mind my asking? (You don't have to specify age, of course.) Just out of curiosity, because I see a lot of the people on here and I'm like "welp I feel very small" because I'm so much younger and more inexperienced than some of you.
Hey silversong! I'm only 20, I mean I'm an adult but not that old at all, and I also feel quite inexperienced here sometimes. This forum is filled with so many brilliant witches haha.
Heya! 20 counts as a "young Witch" to me XD Yeah, it always amazes me how much the people here know compared to me... I mean, I've been practicing (kind of) basically my entire (rather short so far) life, and I am still a very, very small fish in a very, very large pond, so to speak. x3 Nice to see I'm not the only one, though.
No no you're never alone :) yes I've pretty much been a witch my whole life too but I have always worked off instinct and not ever really known terminology for things, so coming here I was very overwhelmed with knowledge but the community and people here made me feel very welcome and not at all like I was an outsider or small hehe. Though I do feel small because theres just so much to learn :P
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

@Deejean: If you don't mind my asking, how did you come to the Craft? I was raised around it (and very lucky to be so, I think), but I only confirmed myself as a Witch and got my BoS last year on the summer solstice.
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

Sliversong,
I have had abilities my entire life and have always called myself a witch. It wasn't until I was about 13 that I really got into it and started calling myself wiccan. When I was about 18 I realized that I'm not quite wiccan or anything spot on, I'm simply enlightened and am simply a witch. I love magic and always have :)
mrsdavid1975

ROLL CALL!

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

My mom and dad said I hummed on the day I was born. ( I didn't believe them until my son was born and was doing the same thing ) I come from a very musical family. ( my dad is also a Parton. My grandmother is her cousin. And that makes me her third cousin .. Anyway). So my dad always sang to me. But when I was about three I guess , I used to go outside and sing to the trees. I would sing to God , the trees, the animals. Lol. I did this throughout childhood. .. My fav place to be was under this gigantic tree. I would sit at its feet like it was a grandparent or something. I even remember the comfort I had.

I still sing spells sometimes. And I sing to 'heal ' things. I know people have done this since the beginning of time.

My great grandmother on my moms side used to talk to me about stuff like loving all animals. Even snakes. .. So I've always loved them all. Even palmetto bugs that I have an insanely psychotic fear of. Hahaha. .. She used herbs to heal. She learned from her grandmother. .. And so on. She also had premonition dreams and other ' gifts'. And would play games with me to encourage mine. My mother and grandmother both have them too ... But my mom drinks hers away. And my grandmother is God fearing to the point of pretending these things don't exist. .. Even though I KNOW she believes. She's even told me her mother once years ago said to her ( when the price of bread was like 25 cent or something ). " do you know bread is going to cost $3.42 one day?? ". I can't remember the exact number she said. But my grandmom said to her at the time. " oh mama. You're crazy". They always thought she was off in the head for all that she knew or did. ... But one day my grandmother and I were buying bread and she told me exactly what great grandmother said. And she said. I can't believe it. But she was right. She had it to the exact penny. ( my grandmother has amazing memory skills. .. Me? I'm like a little old lady with Alzheimer's. Calling my kids by the dog's name most days and putting milk in the cabinet and cups in the fridge. Haha.

But ... A lot of times people hide their gifts for fear of being judged. Great grandmother never cared. They thought she was crazy. And I don't care. I'll share with anyone. .. I don't care how I get judged. It's the same as greatgrandmother hiding the fact she was Indian. ( melungeon in fact) Screw that. I am not hiding any part of myself. That's the beauty of life. Be yourself. Embrace all you've been gifted. Use it ALL for the betterment of others any chance you can.
Silversong

Post by Silversong »

Mrsdavid,
May we all have a measure of that courage. Be careful it doesn't get you into too much trouble, though.
keria

Post by keria »

mrsdavid1975 wrote:Me? I'm like a little old lady with Alzheimer's. Calling my kids by the dog's name most days and putting milk in the cabinet and cups in the fridge. Haha.
Haha! That sounds so much like me, I usually have a dozen things going on at once!
Silversong

Post by Silversong »

keria,
Only a dozen? x3 In all seriousness, though, you and me both.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

keria wrote:
mrsdavid1975 wrote:Me? I'm like a little old lady with Alzheimer's. Calling my kids by the dog's name most days and putting milk in the cabinet and cups in the fridge. Haha.
Haha! That sounds so much like me, I usually have a dozen things going on at once!
Haha. It's so true!!!
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Silversong wrote:Mrsdavid,
May we all have a measure of that courage. Be careful it doesn't get you into too much trouble, though.
Well .. To put it straight.. I was an abused child. My own mother tried to kill me a few times. I figure I made it through all that.. So I have the right to enjoy life and be free. If someone harms me they better make it stick haha kill me or don't. But if ya don't , you better run. Heh.

But .. I love pretty much EVERYONE. I have no problems with anyone and when I do, I settle it nicely and quickly. If it doesn't work out, I move on and distance myself. No time for jerks in my life. I have too much beauty around me now. A great husband and kids ... And a life that I could not have dreamed.
Silversong

Post by Silversong »

mrsdavid1975 wrote:
Silversong wrote:Mrsdavid,
Well .. To put it straight.. I was an abused child. My own mother tried to kill me a few times. I figure I made it through all that.. So I have the right to enjoy life and be free. If someone harms me they better make it stick haha kill me or don't. But if ya don't , you better run. Heh.

But .. I love pretty much EVERYONE. I have no problems with anyone and when I do, I settle it nicely and quickly. If it doesn't work out, I move on and distance myself. No time for jerks in my life. I have too much beauty around me now. A great husband and kids ... And a life that I could not have dreamed.
Yikes. All I can say is, bright blessings, and I hope your life continues the way it has.
Absinthe

Post by Absinthe »

Sorry for lurking again haha ai, still trying to find my way but I'm still here and I love this forum and hope I don't get booted off for not posting enough.
Hopefully by spring Ill be feeling back to my old happy self and start being more active. I feel so drained.
I'm happy though that I found this forum, it does make a difference to know there is a community of wonderful like-minded pagan folk to talk to and just be part of something even when your feeling down.
“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, If you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”― Rumi
Cats and Tea

Post by Cats and Tea »

I've been absent lately. I haven't even been lurking. I just got a job (FINALLY!!!) so I've been following the lengthy hiring process of the store and I have been cleaning.
I'll post more!
"You can never find a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
C.S. Lewis
Silversong

Post by Silversong »

Absinthe,
Many wishes headed your way :3 I hope you start feeling better soon!

Cats and Tea,
Congrats and well done!
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Hello, hello! I've been away lately because I've been working so much. I'm currently saving for my upcoming wedding and paying off my student loans. I've been feeling lately like I'm not being myself because I've been so superficial lately, trying to save for this beautiful wedding, so working two jobs and planning everything has just not given me much time to be spiritual lately. But, I was so glad to be reminded to visit the site and be reminded that when things get busy, you a have to make time to for your spirituality, and that is very important!

Rosie
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

WELCOME BACK!!!

You've been missed here Rosie!

I was the 'cafeteria-type' spiritual person. The task itself of incorporating my spirituality remains a work in progress.

We have to be grounded in our spirit community, we have to have a practice of contacting them, of performing simple rituals or meditation or whatever gets us grounded and takes you away from ourselves.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Return to “For Everyone”