First rituals and spells?

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
smash089

First rituals and spells?

Post by smash089 »

Hey everyone!

I have been reading my books and getting knowledge on my behalf of the god and goddess, and the craft, but I think I'm ready to start rituals and spells, although I don't want to displease the divine, or mess anything up. I know the wiccan rede and definitely don't want to harm anything or ruin the balance - or try anything far too big yet. As I haven't done any spell work or cast circles. The only thing I've done is meditate and thank the divine for giving me life and energy. - and also tarot card that are eerily 100% accurate most the time.

- do you guys have any suggestions on first time spells/rituals and first time circle casting? I'd honestly love to hear them and try out some (in my own way of course)
smogie_michele

Re: First rituals and spells?

Post by smogie_michele »

My first few spells were mostly protection spells and I as very pleased with them. Also, tomorrow is the new moon, so it would be a perfect time for a new beginning type of spell :)
I always felt kinda silly my first few times casting, I think it was because I'm calling out to spirits I can't see, but I don't even think about it anymore. It just feels right.

Happy casting :)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
smash089

Post by smash089 »

Thankyou!
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Protection spell is a good idea!

Here's some you may try!

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/s ... j410978j10
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
smash089

Post by smash089 »

Yay Thankyou!! I've been hunting around for some very basic things to try but haven't found any :3
Badgerstate

Post by Badgerstate »

A good starting point would be healing or protection spells.
smash089

Post by smash089 »

This is awesome, that list was amazing, I did my own version of a protection spell on necklace from my grandma. I like to think it helped me get through driving through the cyclone we had. If you can think of anything else, I'd love to hear it
syngerin

Post by syngerin »

I agree with my colleagues, protection spells are very basic and a good way to start working with magic:) If you would like to wander a bit more, I'd also suggest basic candle spells to attract serenity or energy, or banish negativity. Also emotional well-being spells or charm bags could be a good place to start:) One of my first spells was a dream pillow to banish bad dreams - not too difficult to make.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello, smash089
As the others before me said, healing and protection spells are a great way to start. I would also suggest house cleansing spells and grounding rituals - grounding is easy and calming and can be done anywhere you feel safe and calm.
This thread, although concerning something different, has some fantastic information about grounding and shielding which can be very useful.

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”