Fighting Fear

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
TheLuckyBlackCat

Fighting Fear

Post by TheLuckyBlackCat »

Sometimes when feel scared I like to pretend I'm a demon hunter from some anime and that I have a sharp magical sword that can cut demons and a tough shield that can block attacks and the fear starts to go away.

The reason I think this works is because most fear you feel is all in your head, usually that ghost in the closet or monster under your bed is something your mind thinks is there but in reality is not there. Now I'm not denying the existence of spirits or bad magic, I’m just saying most of the time it’s in your head.

So next time you feel a bad aura before assuming it is real and hiding under you cover try to get rid of it with a powerful mind and imagination.

Peace out.
Sakura Blossom

Re: Fighting Fear

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Lucky, you will find that a majority (but of course not all) of the people on here DO believe that most of the time feelings like this that come out of nowhere typically means the presence of a spirit in those who can feel their presence. That is how I know when they are around, because you can pick up on their auras and their energies. If you feel fear, you may be picking up on their own or they may not be the nicest of spirits/beings and are intending you to feel discomfort. It is a very common thing with those that can pick upon their presence and even those who usually cannot. There are, of course, times when it's not related to it such as if you have an anxiety disorder or something along those lines.

Then there are also those who are empathic that are able to pick up on the feelings of those around the world, those near them, and even picking up on energies that linger on objects.

Saying that 'most of the time it's in your head' is a generalized statement and we need to try to avoid using those when it comes to belief and something of this nature. Keeping an open mind to the different things that can happen or do happen with others is very, very important within Paganism. You have come here without knowing about Paganism and its religions, different belief systems, and so on, which means you need to try to ask questions to gain a better understanding of which you speak.

Please try to learn before you begin speaking with certainty.

In terms of your suggestion, thank you very much for sharing this. You've actually hit it on the head about what shielding is. It's not imagining what you've described but it is essentially imagining you have a shield surrounding yourself, that is made of energy and used to keep the negative energies out. Utilizing something that gives you joy and makes you feel comfort is a very good way to help with shielding. (: So thank you for sharing your methods!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I can remember, many times as a child, wanting to be my favorite anime or comic book superhero. I never found that helpful in fighting fear though. I guess we each have what works. I usually just declare that I don't have time for whatever is frightening me.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
TheLuckyBlackCat

I don't necessarily want to be an anime or comic book character I was just giving an example. The basic message was to try to feel stronger. :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I still wouldn't mind having some kind of cool super power.

Snow :wink2:
Daughter of Sekhmet
TheLuckyBlackCat

That's what imagination is for. :P
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Well for me as an Animist, fear and other negative emotions like you described are always result of negative entities or spirits. These entities, beings, or creatures come against people daily to wear us down. They scare, they frighten, they lie, etc. They are active in every type of negativity. They're not however responsible for negative actions we're doing. But once we allowed them to overpower us, then we're stepping closer to these entities. They look for just a small opening so they can work themselves into our lives. They know that most of people aren't going to feel scared or frightened without any specific reason. So, they attack us at our points of weakness. Sometimes they too attack at our points of strength. These entities who others call as psychic leeches or astral nasties attack us. This is their job. They fight against us in small areas to make us fall and stay down.

Yes there's a lot of people that say this all just psychological -- especially those who are scientific; they might argue and say that they have genuinely experienced and experimentally studied that fear and other emotions is just coming from your head. There's nothing wrong with personal experiences and studies, but by themselves, they aren't valid evidence that they are all just inside your mind and they aren't real. Actually, these entities can also manipulate our thoughts so that we believe they are just the result of our what?... Tired brain or stressful brain. Most people who report such experiences and had undergone counseling, therapies and treatments are sincere in belief that only our mind caused these feelings and sensations, but that belief doesn't necessarily make it true.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”