Is all witchcraft Natural Magick?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
UPB3ATMAGIC

Is all witchcraft Natural Magick?

Post by UPB3ATMAGIC »

I was reading a book on natural magick and the terms confuse me... Isn't all witchcraft 'Natural Magick'?
From what I understand (According to the book) Natural Magick revolves around using the elements. Doesn't all magick do that? Correct and enlighten me if I'm wrong please.

If I practice this Natural Magick based solely on Deities such as The Earth Mother Goddess and using herbs, crystals, and the elements, What kind of Wicca am I? (Shamanic, Dianic etc..)

Sorry, fairly new to witchcraft (a few months in) but I'm having a hard time getting any farther without knowing what I'm actually practicing, if you know what I mean. :evilwitch:
Siona

Re: Is all witchcraft Natural Magick?

Post by Siona »

UPB3ATMAGIC wrote:From what I understand (According to the book) Natural Magick revolves around using the elements. Doesn't all magick do that? Correct and enlighten me if I'm wrong please.
Not necessarily, no. There are many forms of magic and witchcraft, and not all deal with or focus on the elements.
If I practice this Natural Magick based solely on Deities such as The Earth Mother Goddess and using herbs, crystals, and the elements, What kind of Wicca am I? (Shamanic, Dianic etc..)
It doesn't particularly make you any specific sort of Wiccan, as those things can fit into a few different forms of Wicca. It might also be worth mentioning that not all witchcraft is Wicca - nothing you mention is even specifically Wiccan in particular, so unless you're following other Wiccan ideas and practices you might even be more along the lines of something like a green witch, rather than Wiccan.
UPB3ATMAGIC

Post by UPB3ATMAGIC »

Okay glad to know this for future reference.

That is very helpful information, thanks :)
Swansong

Post by Swansong »

Many of the new orders are nature orientated with Wicca at the forefront.
The old orders, all of which still exist, are more hit and miss.
Those rooted in Celtic and Norse ancestry are also very rooted in nature-centric tradition. The darker satanic and haruspexic orders and the orders like mine that are tasked with hunting them down are not. Due to the nature of these orders blending in is top priority and witches on natural paths stick out like a sore thumb in a beautiful way.

Swansong

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”