Questions about cleansing stones...

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

So I want to cleanse some new stones of mine. I live in an apartment with a balcony and I would like to leave them out in the moonlight tonight, sitting in the balcony rail. However, the moon is on the other side if the building and it appears that the building itself is blocking the moon. I was planning to leave them out all night and bring them in when I get up for work in the morning, leaving them out during the sunrise. However, I see now that the same thing will happen. The sun will rise behind me and not facing my balcony. Will my stones still get cleansed or not? Should I try to find a safe place for them on the other side of the building? Thanks for the input!
Myrth

Re: Questions about cleansing stones...

Post by Myrth »

They do not have to be in the moonlight. They can be cleansed on your windowsill.

I just use Reiki to cleanse and charge mine.
Myrth
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

So awesome! I woke up this morning, before the sun came out and look! The full moon is on my side if the apartment! This is a picture from my balcony. You can see the stones lines up on the rail. I also have my tarot cards out, a few beads of neckalces my fiancé like to wear. When he bought them he was told they would keep ghosts away, which terrify him - not exactly sure why. He has a harder time grasping the mystical and supernatural and so it frightens him. He's very grounded and earthy with a fiery temper, he's a Leo. Anyways, I also out a jar a seashells that we collected on the gulf beach just a few weeks ago!

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

The moon moves across as it rises and sets, just like the sun does. Looks like everything worked out just right.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Of course it does! I just didn't realize it at the time! *face palm*
Anne Boleyn

Post by Anne Boleyn »

When you're in a jam, sea salt and a bowl will do the trick too. I smudge some of my Reiki stones or crystals and stones that are fragile, then the rest I bury in salt in a bowl and fish them out when I'm ready for them.
EuipoiWolftheWitch

Post by EuipoiWolftheWitch »

Sun and moon both cleanse. You can use water and salt to cleanse them.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”