Help me with a project!

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Sakura Blossom

Help me with a project!

Post by Sakura Blossom »

So I've decided to start making videos on You Tube regarding what I've learned and what I know about Paganism and Witchcraft to try to help those who may wish to explore this kind of path but are like me and are unable to focus on reading sometimes. I fair better listening and watching, so I thought trying to make videos myself for this kind of thing would be best.

I made my first video, and it turned out pretty horrible but seeing as how it's a rambling introduction video, I'm not terribly concerned. My next ones will be better, but that's where I need the help!

If you all were looking for a video on Witchcraft, how to get started, and just in general, what would you want to see?

If you were/are new to this kind of belief, what are the questions you have that you would want answered?

I'd like to know how I can make these as accurate and helpful to the general public as I can so your input would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: Help me with a project!

Post by AdastraJunction »

I would start with the basics of the craft in general. Tools, candle and wish magic, essential oils and herbs along with uses for both, meditation and so forth. The what and why. What it means to you. Things like this are helpful to people whom are curious. Explanations of why they are done or why you do them.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Okay, cool! I'll do that! I'll explain what I know and do which is what I was thinking of doing, but I like the idea of wish magic too. I was definitely going to do a candle magick segment.

What kind of format would be most interesting to you if you were to watch something like this? (You, Adastra and others as well). (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Sakura Blossom wrote: What kind of format would be most interesting to you if you were to watch something like this? (You, Adastra and others as well). (:
Not sure what you mean by format? What did you have in mind?
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I didn't have anything in mind. Haha. As for format, I mean the style of the videos. How the information should be shared, what would keep interest in a video, etc.

AdastraJunction
Banned Member

People tend to respond better if its fun a little goofy yet shares useful information, for example the guys who do Mental Floss videos on youtube. Basically have fun doing it and try not to be dull lol
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I will take a look at that and also other videos of a similar style to see how I could make something along those lines. I appreciate your help! I'll be sure to share everything when I'm finished with the first one. (:

AdastraJunction
Banned Member

Good luck I hope it goes well for you, I look forward to seeing it!
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you! I'm going to try it out on my phone and see how that goes (because I have some editing features with videos) because I don't have my video camera just yet. The camera on my phone is high quality, it's just a matter of figuring out how to use it and make it interesting for this kind of thing. Haha. Otherwise, I may have to put this project off for awhile until I have an actual video camera. I asked for one for my birthday soon, so we'll see if that comes true or not.

Alatoru
Banned Member

Post by Alatoru »

I am also planing to do this kind of videos on youtube because there are very low number of them and they are not quite well to learn from. But never the less, I will give you an hint what to record. Go for basics, that's always good start. Think how you felt lost without knowing something, but wanted to get into. What answeres you were looking for? That's best start.

May I see your video? If you don't want to post it here, you can send me PM. If you don't want at all, that's good as well ^^

P.S. If you want to record your voice only, and not yourself, you can do that by software Camtasia Studio. YOu can record whole screen (with images for instance) and your own voice. Just as I plan to do.
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless it roots reach down to hell. - Jung
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Alatoru, I have no video. Unfortunately the one I recorded wasn't able to be uploaded due to time restraints (which I don't understand because it wasn't THAT long) but when I do, I'll try to get one up.

Thank you for the help, I appreciate it! And I hope your videos work out well too.

Alatoru
Banned Member

Post by Alatoru »

This can help you to overcome the restriction: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless it roots reach down to hell. - Jung
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you! I will look at that!

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Remind people that it's not like the dark side of the Force. We're not a bunch of Darth Vader clones.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

LOL! I will be sure to do so, Snow! I was thinking about doing a segment about misconceptions in the beginning to kind of help others understand what it is and what it is not.

Return to “For Everyone”