What could this be? Death Entity?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
TawnyOwl

What could this be? Death Entity?

Post by TawnyOwl »

I have always had a sensitivity to death, a feeling like a dark mantel has descended, a change in my mood and such just before someone I know dies, including pets. But about a year ago I started seeing the apparition of a black cat, it increased just before I lost my Mum last year and just before I lost my Dad a few months later. We have just moved and I did not expect to see the cat again. However, I have seen her a few times over the last few days and out rabbit just died. Why would she come with us and why would I see her more often near someones death. We own a black cat but she does not react to it, I don't think it is my imagination.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: What could this be

Post by SnowCat »

I would say this is a protective spirit that has chosen you. They appear the way they want to. Many of my former kitties come back to tell me when one of my current ones is going to pass. Molly was a gray tabby in the physical. In spirit, she's a gray tabby with pink sparkly wings. I'm serious.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
TawnyOwl

Post by TawnyOwl »

But my Mum also saw her, no one else but us, would that count?

That sounds cute ^^
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I'd say it's possible for your mother and you to have seen the same spirit.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

I believe it's an entity or spirit that is a part of your spirit community. And most probably symbolizes death. Certain animals such as black butterflies or moths, cats, crows, desert beasts, screech owls, ravens and vultures are associated with death.

I at one time had come across a creature that was an owl but with some human characteristics to it during my granddad's wake. I had a dream that this owl was fast flying like a lightning bolt and when it turned around to look at me it had like dreadlocks and was actually where some type of clothes or garment, yet it was an owl. It also have very bright yellow eyes. I was scared of it at first but it sensed my fear and walked towards me slowly as to show me it there was nothing to worry about. Obviously since it was a dream my mind could've made this creature up. Or it's possible its part of my spirit community and symbolizes death which took the form of owl in clothing.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Lunar Rose

Re: What could this be? Death Entity?

Post by Lunar Rose »

I know this is an old thread, but I was searching the forum as I was going to ask the same question. Yesterday I was sat outside in my garden and I kept seeing a black creature moving in the bushes. It looked like some kind of cat, jumping around, in and out of sight. It didn't give off a negative vibe, if anything, it seemed playful. It was an odd experience because I could tell it wasn't a physical cat, but I could definitely see 'something'.

An hour or so later, my neighbour died in his home, surrounded by his family. I hadn't linked the two until reading your post, but it sounds like the same thing! Very strange.
SleepyOwl

Post by SleepyOwl »

I'm not sure if it's a messenger but I'd have to agree with Snow. Seems like a protective spirit. My cat from when I was little came back to me and appears to a bit of a spirit guide for me so I believe anything is possible.

Side note, love your name. Us owls gotta keep together. Haha

Sleepy
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Could be one gets tuned into an energy that portends death. Spectral or otherwise cat has become your messenger then you become alerted. I don't think it means it will happen every time, just a cautionary zone.
By the way SleepyOwl...l'm affraid Tawney hasn't been around in over a year, don't know if she'll see your post.
But gotta agree with you, it's good to to have our animal kin close :D .

Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”