Talking to stones

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
aozora21

Talking to stones

Post by aozora21 »

Hi Kassandra, I joined the site to try and PM you about a post you made, but it looks like you have it disabled. I'm sure you have your reasons for doing so, but I need a little advice about learning to hear crystals talk. Would you mind PMing me or should we talk in this post? :) Thank you.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Talking to stones

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I'm very cross about this also, so I hope you will have your discussion here. :)
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

As a general note, Kassandra said elsewhere that she may not be checking in here very often during the holidays, and she'll be back after the New Year. Just to let you know in case you don't hear from her in the next few days. In the meantime, you can try posting the same subject to the subforum on crystals and stones; there may be others who can help you out.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
aozora21

Post by aozora21 »

Thanks, probably not a bad idea. I looked and there was one post on the topic back in 2008, Kassandra is the last person left that's mentioned it
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi aozora21 and Rosie. I'm back, and Happy New Year to everyone. What's on your mind about chatting with The Stone People? :)

(btw, thanks for updating that I'd be back after the holidays, Xiao, much appreciated).

RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Hey Kasaandra! Thanks for responding! Well my question is this: when you talk to stones, how do you hear them? When I have my stones on my hands, I feel vibrations, the longer I hold the stone the stronger those vibrations get. Then if I go to place a stone on my night stand or coffee table with another stone I'll get feelings that the stones either like where they are or want to be moved. Most of the time they prefer some sort of symmetrical layout or a layout that creates a design or shape, or laid out in a way where the pointy edges are facing each other or away from each other, it just depends on what I feel at the time. Soooo my question is, are the stones really telling me how they want to lay, or is my mind just telling me symmetrical and shapes Are better than just laying them anywhere.

When I was a child I use to talk to all kinda of inanimate objects and knew how they were feeling. Cars, beds, toys, doorknobs, etc. it was like everything around me was alive and had a personality. My mom asked me how I knew what they were feeling and I told her I just knew in my mind. So she explained to me that what I came up with in my mind was my imagination and not real. So now as an adult I'm trying to talk to inanimate objects again and my mother's words are ringing In my ear.

So do you think my feelings are my imagination? Or is that how people talk to stones? Or is there another way? Thanks again!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I think as parents we say what we say to our kids meaning to help them be successful and adapt to this environment as best they can. But, what we say is from our own perspective, based on our own educations and experiences. I don't know anything about your mother as you do, but I wonder if she was exposed to metaphysics in her life the way that you have been in your life. You are growing up in an information age, she probably didn't (?). You have access to vast information about everything...."energy grids," crystals, and all this other stuff. Maybe she didn't. Like I said, I don't know what her upbringing was or what she was exposed to (I have met people who didn't grow up in the information age, but in households where they their families taught them about metaphysics, so I don't judge, but look at these things on a case-by-case basis).

There is an "individuation" process that each of us goes through, where, like little birds, we either get pushed out of our parents' nest or fly out on our own. And this happens whether we physically leave their houses, or not. We still individuate, mentally. I think the best way to deal with that "voice" of theirs that lingers in our heads long after we've left their nest is to thank it, have gratitude for it, learn from it even...but at the same time say to it, "I am my own person. You do not reflect me, my thoughts, who I am, and what I do in my life. Your purpose in my life, therefore, is finished. Thank you, but now you must go." And let that voice go, maybe not all the time, because the voice of our caretakers can protect us at times, but let it go when it comes time to do your thing and it's getting in the way spiritually, emotionally, etc.

Perhaps your mother tried to protect you from ridicule you might face for being "different" from other children who didn't do what you did. Or --and this is frequently the case-- she had a hard time dealing with her own psionic abilities, had no one to help her, so she suppressed them. Then, when she saw that you inherited them, she didn't want you to suffer the way she did. Whatever the case was, she meant well, I bet. But I'm inclined to believe that your "difference," that part of you that she didn't understand (and one day may), is your gift to this world, the tool you will use to contribute to the greater good of Gaia in your own unique way. I believe each of us has this uniqueness. So, my opinion is that you should just go for it and work with the stones as you see fit. If they "tell" you they like grids, use the grids. If I were you I probably wouldn't focus on what others do, or what others think about what you do. Your spiritual path and your relationship with the Stone People is your business.

I love your description of holding the stones and feeling their vibrations increase. Perhaps keep a journal if you don't already, and write about these experiences. Or maybe get a 3 ring binder and add pages to put together an "encyclopedia" of your workings with various stones, what their messages are, what kind of grids they prefer, etc. Perhaps one day the binder of notes will become a book you publish, that helps other people learn how to work with stones. Who knows! ;)

RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Kassandra wrote:.

I think as parents we say what we say to our kids meaning to help them be successful and adapt to this environment as best they can. But, what we say is from our own perspective, based on our own educations and experiences. I don't know anything about your mother as you do, but I wonder if she was exposed to metaphysics in her life the way that you have been in your life. You are growing up in an information age, she probably didn't (?). You have access to vast information about everything...."energy grids," crystals, and all this other stuff. Maybe she didn't. Like I said, I don't know what her upbringing was or what she was exposed to (I have met people who didn't grow up in the information age, but in households where they their families taught them about metaphysics, so I don't judge, but look at these things on a case-by-case basis).

There is an "individuation" process that each of us goes through, where, like little birds, we either get pushed out of our parents' nest or fly out on our own. And this happens whether we physically leave their houses, or not. We still individuate, mentally. I think the best way to deal with that "voice" of theirs that lingers in our heads long after we've left their nest is to thank it, have gratitude for it, learn from it even...but at the same time say to it, "I am my own person. You do not reflect me, my thoughts, who I am, and what I do in my life. Your purpose in my life, therefore, is finished. Thank you, but now you must go." And let that voice go, maybe not all the time, because the voice of our caretakers can protect us at times, but let it go when it comes time to do your thing and it's getting in the way spiritually, emotionally, etc.

Perhaps your mother tried to protect you from ridicule you might face for being "different" from other children who don't do what you did. Or --and this is often the case-- she had a hard time dealing with her own psionic gifts, had no one to help her. So, she suppressed them. Then, when she saw you inherited them, she freaked out. She didn't want you to suffer the way she did. Whatever the case was, she meant well, I bet. But your "difference," that part of you that she didn't understand (and one day may), is your gift to this world, the tool you will use to contribute to the greater good of Gaia in your own unique way. So, my opinion is that you should just go for it and work with the stones as you see fit. If they "tell" you they like grids, use the grids. Don't focus on what others do, or what they think about what you do. Your relationship with the Stone People is your business.

I love your description of holding the stones and feeling their vibrations increase. Perhaps keep a journal if you don't already, and write about these experiences. Or maybe get a 3 ring binder and add pages to put together an "encyclopedia" of your workings with various stones, what their messages are, what kind of grids they prefer, etc. Perhaps one day the binder of notes will become a book you publish, that helps other people learn how to work with stones. Who knows! ;)

Thank you for your encouraging words! I don't blame my mother, I know she meant well in everything she did for me. If she had psychic abilities and repressed them, it would have been because of fear of ridicule. So she may have been thinking the same for me.

You mentioned an "energy grid". I've never heard this term before but I assume you mean the shapes and patterns I place the stones in..? Do other people do this? Is this common?

Also, who are "the stone people"?
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Rosie wrote:You mentioned an "energy grid". I've never heard this term before but I assume you mean the shapes and patterns I place the stones in..? Do other people do this? Is this common?
Yes, they are quite common. Here are some examples: https://www.google.com/search?q=crystal ... CAcQ_AUoAg (though the "flower of life" grid is frequently used, I wouldn't limit myself to that pattern if I were you, but that's just me, not one to get on a bandwagon with something just because others do :wink: ). The fact that you've been so attuned to your crystals that you've spontaneously created grids with them without even having learned to do that means, to me, that you are a "natural" with this. This practice was done in ancient Egypt, where priests, who served in many roles including the role of local healer, would create crystal grids around people, and the people would lay in the center of the grid and receive the healing vibrations. The priests might accompany this treatment with herbal concoctions for the patient to ingest, and sound harmonics intoned on musical instruments. Egyptian temples were not only places of worship, but also healing centers.

Rosie wrote:Also, who are "the stone people"?
When I heard somewhere a Native American person say (or someone talking about Native American culture saying --can't remember) "the ant people," "the plant people," etc. when referring to the natural environment around us, it was one of those "3rd-eye-opening Moments" for me (have you ever had one of those?). Suddenly, I was much more sensitive to the energetic signatures of people, places and things, like I was suddenly "reminded" of what I had known long ago. I totally understood when you described in your earlier post how you would sense the energies of cars, beds, toys, and doorknobs when you were a child. People might laugh at that, but I believe everything is "alive" in its own way. I think clear evidence of that is how we could do psychometry when we touch an inanimate object, or stand in certain locations, etc. (I talk about psychometry in this thread: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 25788.html ).

Since that moment I've considered things in the natural environment to be "peoples" of different sorts. Personally, I feel especially "close" to the Tree People. They feel like an ancient race to me, so full of wisdom (I was especially thrilled with the Tree People portrayal in LOTR :D ). I find that they tend to be great healers, as humans can't help but feel better when we spend time with trees. I observed many times that in a grove of trees the older trees "teach" the younger trees things. It's difficult to describe, but quite fascinating! You'd think objects that stay in one place like trees don't have much going on. But, they are very much alive and present, and a lot is going on with them, including their interaction with fae folk around them (that's a whole other subject itself, but alas, I've gone on enough of a tangent, lol).

Anyway, I guess my point is that I find that stones have "stone consciousness," humans have "human consciousness," birds have "bird consciousness," and so on. I give each form of life the respect of being its own "people" collectively, its own consciousness, having its own culture and language. While we use our vocal chords, mouth muscles and the air in our lungs to talk, the Stone People use vibrations to talk. I'm thinking those very vibrations are what the Egyptian priests relied upon to heal their people...and what you've been sensitive to since you were a child (I would say one of you primary psi abilities is clairsentience; Seraphin talks about this ability in this post: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p196204 ). Maybe you've worked intimately with stones in past lives, and automatically knew how to work with them in this one due to past experience. Who knows (<---- I seem to like saying that, haha).

RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Talking to stones

Thank you again for the response and advice! I did not follow the link to the energy grids, because I agree with you that if I can come up with the grids on my own, then I should stick to using my instincts. I did follow your link to threads about psychometry and it was very interesting! It's describing almost exactly how I felt as a child. I actually feel bad now.. Well, I always did. But, 2 years ago I sold my car and I could hear (feel) it crying over the situation. It was sad to be let go of by me and it was nervous about what would happen to it. (Likely scrapped for parts because it was a hunk that barely ran.) Its seemed more shook up by the uncertainty of it situation than anything. I wanted to go outside and hug it and make peace with it before I sold it and comfort it, but I didn't because I told myself that I was crazy and that everyone would call me crazy if I stepped outside to hug and say good-bye to my car

I said good-bye in my head from inside the dealership to make myself feel better, but I always felt bad about the situation, like I blew off a living friend or something and I would never see them again! I probably won't ever be able to find that car and make amends, but going forward I'm going to stop telling myself I'm crazy or over imaginative when that stuff comes to me and just act on it and see what happens, even if others call me crazy. I really don't care if people call me crazy as long as I believe in what I'm doing. I just a didn't believe then that it was real, I believed that it was my imagination like my mother told me it was. It helps to have people, like you, agree that what I'm feeling is real and I am not crazy or over imaginative.

It's funny you mention Native Americans because I've mentioned my mother so many times already and I grew up in Oklahoma and my mothers side of the family is Native American. (Cherokee) However, my mother was raised Christian and so were my brother and I. The only thing my mother retained from her Native American relatives was language, but nothing of culture or religion. I should spend more time in nature and listen and look for these "people". I feel I can tell the feelings of inanimate objects better than living things.. Especially machines. Not sure why that is.

I have a strong connection with animals, but I don't get the same feelings that I know what they're thinking or feeling like I do from non living things. My connection with animals is more like automatic acceptance. I automatically accept any animal into my life as if it is as important as a human. And animals seem to automatically accept me, like they know that I value them more than an animal and they want to be near me. With animals, I look at their facial expression, their eyes, and their body language to know how they are feeling, just like I would with a human. But, my tv just puts and impression in my mind that it LOVES being the center piece of my small living room.

I like that you mentioned the Fae also, because I was going to ask of you thought the "tree people" were elemental beings or spirits, like the Fae, coming out through the trees? Or, of the trees have their own energy going on and are desperate from the trees? But, I think you answered my question! Thanks again for all your responses!

Rosie
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

You're welcome, it's a pleasure. You're insightful and know yourself quite well, energetically-speaking. I did a search of "Stone People" on the 'net and there's lots of information and advice you might enjoy reading, such as the following:

Stone People – The Ancient Ones
by DawnEagle Summers

Stone People are the Ancient Ones of this planet, containing the knowledge of this world and its changes, since time began. To learn from them, we must listen closely. They love to share their wisdom with us all. They have their own Medicine, and they are wonderful teachers.

Stone People are associated with the direction of North on the Medicine Wheel, as they are a product of Mother Earth. There are specific Stone People who represent each of the Four Directions. The ones who represent North are Petrified Wood and Red Jasper. Petrified Wood combines two of Mother Earth’s elements, containing the memories of both the Standing People and the Stone People who inhabit it.

Each type of Stone Person has its own qualities. Amethysts increase psychic energy, and Rose Quartz is for love, while Turquoise is for friendship, and Crystals promote clarity and focus. Petrified Wood and Red Jasper are for grounding oneself, and Red Jasper helps us to remember our dreams, when placed near our sleeping space.

Each Stone Person has its own energy that you will feel when you pick it up. To choose one to work with, go by the feel of it. The ones who will share with you will feel special to you, or will choose you by making you notice them in some way.

The Stone People you find in your travels will tell you about their gifts, if you listen to them. They each bring their own lessons to our lives, whether they are a precious stone, gemstone, or just a piece of tumbled granite out of your driveway. Once you begin to explore their world, you will learn more about them.

Try carrying a few Ancient Ones in your pocket when you go out to face the world, to help your energy, or to learn from them. They love to talk with us, to help us, and they want others to know that they will share their teachings with us, if we but listen.

Some people use Stone People during meditation, and for healing, as Stone People have qualities that contribute to these techniques. The Stone People used around a Medicine Wheel will add their energy to the Wheel, and hold the energy of the Medicine Wheel in place, thus creating a Sacred Space.

The New Moon is a good time for the purification of the Stone People that you work with. The best way to cleanse your smaller Stone People is to put them in a container full of sea salt (non-iodized), and let them soak for about 12 hours. Afterwards, throw the salt away in your outside trash, to keep your home purified.

Another purification method that works with larger stones, is to hold them under running water for a few minutes, scrubbing at them with your fingertips to loosen the dead energies that build up in their cracks and crevices. Dry them off and let them rest in the sunlight for the afternoon, preferably in the North.

Everything and every person they are exposed to, adds their energies to that Stone Person. When they are not purified regularly, it blocks their energies from flowing freely. Keeping them purified, keeps their energies strong.

When you acquire a new Stone Person from a store, or in a piece of jewelry, it is best to purify it right away. Others energies will be on this stone and need to be removed so that the stone can better help you. If you find the stone in nature, allow it time to give you some of its messages, and work with you a little, before you purify it. This enables the Stone Person to establish a connection to you. When it is from nature, it is full of natural energies - not those of another person.

To thank your Stone People for sharing their wisdom with you, and for being a part of your life, do so facing North. This will let them know that you are aware of them and their energies in your life. Give thanks to them for holding the energy of your Medicine Wheel, if you use them in this manner. You can offer tobacco to them, to show them your appreciation.

Most of all, treat your Stone People as friends, and take care of them as you would your loved ones. Treat them with respect and love, and they will do the same for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rocks have a special place of honor in Native American cleansing ceremonies known as Stone People Sweat Lodges. The stones themselves are revered as Grandmothers and Grandfathers in these rituals. Many young people of Native heritage are rediscovering beautiful aspects of their culture like this, such as these folks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDLUQlOR_nI

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”