Ancestry/ genetics and divination

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Ancestry/ genetics and divination

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I'm not sure if this is where to post this question. So please let me know if this is not the place. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any connections between certain genetics/ancestry and divination.

For example, my mother's mother's side of the family are Cherokee Indians, and native Americas are known for having shamans and using animal spirit guides and such.

But my mother's father's side is from Scotland and England. And when I think of magical creatures fairies, elves, etc. I think of Scotland/England/ Ireland.

Also, I don't know if this applies to anyone else, but I've been told by a psychologist that I have asperger's. Does anyone know of any connections between people who have autism or asperger's or another mental disorder and people who can use divination or connect with spirits? According to the doc, my brain isn't wired "normally". Does that have anything to do with the fact that I'm interested in divination? Just curious. Appreciate the responses!
kevin

Re: Ancestry/ genetics and divination

Post by kevin »

How do Rosie?

As a diviner, I can confirm My connections with Vikings via dupytrens nodes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dupuytren%27s_contracture
These are known as the viking condition, and only those with direct links back to them suffer such, they are nodules in the palm of your hands.
My son has the same.
Kevin
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have a friend with this, but he is not a diviner, however he is of Norse decent and he works with water. He has always been very intuitive though...wonder if he would be a natural? I could have him try looking for the pipes before he consults the blueprints, hummm.
Will you have corrective surgery?
ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Hi Rosie, I have a completely British Isles gene pool, so I'm familiar with the fair folk. I've tried to find out more about Cherokee spirituality, as my daughter and grandkids have Cherokee and Choctaw ancestry through my ex-husband. I lived in Oklahoma for a couple of years, and experienced some of the Cherokee spell work firsthand. Another interesting fact, is that the Scots-Irish were extensively intermarried into the Cherokee Nation.

Kevin, the nodes have me curious now. I have some Norse in my bloodlines due to the Viking invasions of the British Isles. I've seen the actual contracture, when I first started working in nursing. It's really strange to see someone with their fourth finger folded down because of a genetic condition.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

SnowCat wrote:Hi Rosie, I have a completely British Isles gene pool, so I'm familiar with the fair folk. I've tried to find out more about Cherokee spirituality, as my daughter and grandkids have Cherokee and Choctaw ancestry through my ex-husband. I lived in Oklahoma for a couple of years, and experienced some of the Cherokee spell work firsthand. Another interesting fact, is that the Scots-Irish were extensively intermarried into the Cherokee Nation.

Kevin, the nodes have me curious now. I have some Norse in my bloodlines due to the Viking invasions of the British Isles. I've seen the actual contracture, when I first started working in nursing. It's really strange to see someone with their fourth finger folded down because of a genetic condition.

Snow
I wish growing up I had been able to be involved in the Cherokee community more. My grandmother passes away when my mother was only 14. And mom said we could not go to Pow Wows because we would not be accepted. We, my mother, brother, and I are fair skinned and red haired. So we went to church instead. My mother eventual forces her way into the community by becoming a campaign manager for a Cherokee man running for representative. She speaks Cherokee mildly, but still knows nothing of the spiritual aspects of Cherokee life.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Rosie, I would encourage her to attend a gathering or pow wow, it's very important that the "lost" native peoples reconnect with their tribes, elst the wisdom of these nations fade away into history. Cherokee is a strong nation, but that's not the point.
I have Lenni Lenape blood, but because I look like a white girl, I have not been able to make any meanningful connections with tribal people in my area. The nation of Lenni Lenape had been clumped in with the Cherokee, they only recently were able to get their tribal status back, but since they are mostly back east, I have had little luck finding peoples here in Cali. I feel this will be lost with my generation, unless I can find some kind of a way to reconnect. I was adopted, so I have an extra hurdle.
I wish you and your mom the best of luck!
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I can't really talk much of divination, but I know from personal experience that blood ties do matter. I find certain rituals from folk traditions work for me better than things I've learnt and done for quite a while. I also discovered a connection with protobulgarian runes and also Glagolitic alphabet, that I don't have with Latin for example.
So I don't see why wouldn't it be the same with divination.
P.S. I find native American people and traditions fascinating - they have wisdom and grace and pride - I find that amazing.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

The Europeans referred to Leni Lenapi as Delaware. Delaware, OK is just up the road from Nowata, which is Cherokee Nation, and Lenapah, is just up the road from Delaware. There may be some genealogical groups in OK, that could help with tracking down eastern nation ancestry. I refer to my grandkids as my blond blue eyed Cherokees. I don't think the Cherokee nation requires a minimum blood degree. If I remember correctly, they're headquartered in Tahlequah. Might be worth checking to see if anything on Leni Lenapi is on file.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

SnowCat wrote:The Europeans referred to Leni Lenapi as Delaware. Delaware, OK is just up the road from Nowata, which is Cherokee Nation, and Lenapah, is just up the road from Delaware. There may be some genealogical groups in OK, that could help with tracking down eastern nation ancestry. I refer to my grandkids as my blond blue eyed Cherokees. I don't think the Cherokee nation requires a minimum blood degree. If I remember correctly, they're headquartered in Tahlequah. Might be worth checking to see if anything on Leni Lenapi is on file.

Snow
I grew up in Vinita, OK. That's about 30 mins from Nowata, OK. Delaware County is just 30 minutes or less in the opposite direction. The towns in Delaware county have high concentration of Cherokee Indians. including Jay, Grove, and Miami. The Cherokee nation does have a cut off I'm pretty sure, but I don't know what it is. I will ask my mom. She will know. Many people's ancestors do not show up on the role and have no way of joining the nation officially for several reasons. Some gave their real names only to have the white person writing it down not understand their native names and just write down George Washington or Abraham Lincoln. There are several duplicates of famous names. It's hard to prove that which George Washington is your great great great great whatever... My great great great grandfather came to Oklahoma on the trail of tears when he was six years old as an orphan so he was put onto the role because he was a ward of the tribe. Some of the people did not sign up for the role as an act of defiance, to not link up their oppressors. In later years as these people who didn't sign up's grandchildren are growing up and deciding whether to join to the role at not, are influenced not to because of discrimination against native Americans. My finances grandfather says he did not sign up because "you didn't want to be an Indian then".
Tahlequah also holds a dear place in my heart: my grandmothers sister and husband owned a couple of cabins right next to each other there and I spend many spring and summer days there.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I remember Vinita! Small world. My daughter was born in Bartlesville.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Snow, you were right! Mom says there is no minimum blood requirement! And yes, vinita born a and raised. Moved away when I was 18 a decade ago!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I know my e's paternal uncle found the documentation and got his membership card. That tells me that the documentation exists. Tracking it down is another question. My former mother-in-law was born in Delaware, but in the 1930's, birth certificates were iffy. When she got one years later, it listed the name everyone called her father, but not his actual legal name. My e's grandfather was listed as full blood, but being Cherokee at that time wasn't a good idea, so he was known around town as being white.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “General Divination”