This is another heart-breaker for me...

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
MsMollimizz

This is another heart-breaker for me...

Post by MsMollimizz »

All so they don't have to pay too much for feed for the cattle !

Another bull buffalo was killed by a Montana hunter this week, bringing the total to five. One by one the buffalo migrate across Yellowstone's boundary, and one by one they are killed. Once again, there is not a single wild buffalo in Montana. The current hunt is no more than an extermination program set up to satisfy livestock industry's intolerance for this national icon.

Government agencies plan to kill 900 to 1,000 buffalo this season through hunting and slaughter. BFC and Friends of Animals Wildlife Law Program filed an emergency rule-making petition to stop the slaughter but the government has yet to respond. Mild weather has so far stemmed large migrations, keeping the larger population of buffalo alive for now.
You can take action to support our petition to the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (USFWS) to list the Yellowstone Bison under the Endangered Species Act (ESA). The USFWS has 90 days to issue a finding on whether the compelling ESA petition filed in November by BFC and Western Watersheds Project leads a "reasonable person" to believe a listing is warranted. A positive finding means the USFWS will open a public comment period to allow citizens to contribute substantive information. The USFWS, however, is notorious for using lack of funding as an excuse to not list species that warrant federal protections. This is where Congress -- and you -- come in. Congress can allocate the funding, and we need you to put pressure on them to do so.
* VOLUNTEER! Seeking Buffalo Warriors for This Field Season
Buffalo Field Campaign has seasonal openings for field volunteers. We have opportunities for every season, but are in great need of folks during our field season which runs from mid-November through May, and is when wild bison are migrating into Montana. Any buffalo within Montana's borders is in danger of being shot on sight, hazed, or captured and shipped to the slaughterhouse. All volunteers are provided room, board, gear, and training. We cater to most any dietary need and respect vegan and vegetarian diets. We are located in a warm log cabin by beautiful Hebgen Lake, just a few miles outside of West Yellowstone, Montana. Click on the button above or HERE to learn more and make your plans. See you on the front lines!

Please contact your US Senators and Representative and strongly urge them to fully fund the Endangered Species Act and to designate the necessary financing to review the science for listing wild bison.
bfc-media@wildrockies.org
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: This is another heart-breaker for me...

Post by Firebird »

Yeah, I just don't get this..they were doing to the wolves too

Thanks for the heads up Mz.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I read something just recently about a pure bison herd. I wish I could remember what. I understand the concern that ranchers would have over the spread of brucellosis, but exterminating an undiagnosed animal is just wrong. I'm sure there's a better way of managing the migration.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Oh how I wish I'm Dr. Dolittle and make the animals rebel against poachers and all who practice animalcide! :evil:

I can just imagine that now... a Montana hunter, walking quietly along, all of a sudden... WHAM! A black bear hiding up a tree grabs his head. :twisted:
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
LoneWhiteWolf

Post by LoneWhiteWolf »

I really dont understand America.. They have no issue using an animal as a national icon or for a football team but when it comes to the real thing they just wanna shoot it and make more money off it.
Here in the uk we have on going issues with the upper class fox hunting with hounds, and these badger culls. Wish we had wolves here still but they were killed off long ago :/

Makes me really sad just leave the animals alone :c
~ Feel the earth under your paws and explore. ~
~ Even the narrowest path could lead to the widest opening. ~
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Ummm it's not just the United States. Look at how Japan rounds up whales for their consumption and to make money off.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Actually, almost all countries do this cruelty. Humanity should realize that every species in animal kingdom has important roles to play in the circle of life and annihilating their population would threaten the soul of all ecosystems.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

preach it Seraphin

also this is very upsetting, the buffalo is sacred why do they insist on killing of beautiful animals once revered and loved by those who were here first, sorry angry native american speaking atm.

Return to “Animals and Pets”