Any Apollon followers out there? Seeking guidance.

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
dreamcatcher

Any Apollon followers out there? Seeking guidance.

Post by dreamcatcher »

So, let's flash through the story really quickly.
Basically, my journey with the Theoi started out when I was younger, and very much unprepared to really take the next step. So, instead I stepped back for a while and concentrated on other things. Then, maybe a year ago? I started feeling the urge to connect more with my religious side, except that what kept drawing my attention was the norse pantheon. For a very short amount of time, I began researching the gods and goddesses and I left out an offering to Loki, when BAM cue Apollon and a spattering of huge flashing signs to go back to the Theoi.
I did and for a while I feel like I just got passed along a line of deities, each prepping me really quickly before passing me on to the next one. However... I never really answered Apollon's initial calls. Instead I dove right in with the more obvious signs of Hermes and Aphrodite. Lately nothing seems quite right and I just feel this extremely strong need to connect with Apollon.
That's where my actual question comes in. I'm in the middle of (trying to) really dig into his background and his legends so that this time I don't dive in blindly, and when I feel like I'm ready, I'm going to formally introduce myself and apologize for ignoring his calls earlier.
It's just the I would really really appreciate any pointers, any tips, good blogs or websites etc about him, or even just favorite myths of his that you really enjoy.
Thank you so much for all the help!
Arianna Kigyosy

Re: Any Apollon followers out there? Seeking guidance.

Post by Arianna Kigyosy »

I worship mainly Egyptian gods but I also have some experience with Apollo. He is a kind god, for me it is easy to communicate with.

I advise you to offer him bay leaves. The best way is to burn the leaves. This idea comes from the Odyssey, because in that poem Greeks burn lamb limb to the gods. So I burned the leaves and it absolutely worked, after this I felt Apollo’s presents in my room.

I hope everything works out!

(English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.)
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Arianna Kigyosy wrote:I worship mainly Egyptian gods but I also have some experience with Apollo. He is a kind god, for me it is easy to communicate with.

I advise you to offer him bay leaves. The best way is to burn the leaves. This idea comes from the Odyssey, because in that poem Greeks burn lamb limb to the gods. So I burned the leaves and it absolutely worked, after this I felt Apollo’s presents in my room.

I hope everything works out!

(English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.)
This was very helpful! I've just had Apollo come into my life and I wasn't sure on where to start with my offerings but this is great! I'm going to try the first opportunity I get.
Siona

Post by Siona »

You might have already come across this site, but Theoi has a lot of historical information on Apollon.
dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

Thank you everyone for the help, I really appreciate it and I'm also sorry it took me a bit of time to respond back to you all.

Sadly, I've tried to reconnect to him and all I've gotten are a lot of signs that my life isn't meant to have him in it right now. I kept hitting my head against the rock trying and trying, but at this point, from this many sources, it's almost impossible to interpret it as anything else. I'm a bit disheartened by it, but I trust he knows more than I do. I've done a few readings for myself and asked several other people to read for me, just to be sure, and most of the readings point in the direction of my proving myself without his help, and I feel like without any help from the theoi. I have the feeling that they're waiting for me to prove myself and my commitment to them and that they're testing my devotion. And of course... That's pretty difficult to me, because I admit that there are a lot of times where I doubt myself or take a step back and think "I'm so crazy, look at me." But, this is something I'm going to try to overcome and beyond proving it to them, I need to prove to myself as well that I can stick with this and actually have faith even when I don't know if they're actually present.
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

It may not be so much as you proving your faith in them as proving it to yourself. We live in a very evidence/physical society and things such as faith are usually quite difficult for people because it's a different mindset. That may also be why the Olympians have been jumping around you.

I used to be a priestess for Apollo in a past life and have been reconnecting with Him for the last couple of months; just like the Sun He heralds, Apollo is quite gentle and eager to aid and guide and does not discriminate. But if you yourself doubt, it's hard for Him or really anyone else to reach out, ya know?

But don't give up; anything worth it needs effort. ^-^
Arianna Kigyosy

Post by Arianna Kigyosy »

I understand you are now disappointed, but sometimes the gods act very inconsistent and keep more distant than we like. My patron god is a really silent one, he didn’t communicated with me more than a year, and that time I didn’t know what should I do, and why he did this. Finally he appears, and I understood he never abandoned me.

So, I just want to say, maybe later Apollo try to get in touch with you. Be patient. :)

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”