Already preparing for Yule!!

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
astrowitch

Already preparing for Yule!!

Post by astrowitch »

I am so excited for Yule this year! I'm starting to clean up everything in the house, especially my own room, and then I'll do a cleansing ritual when I'm done! Then on Yule I'll be setting up my altar and offering up prayers to Nature and celebrate a new cycle of the sun!

What plans do you have for Yule?
Holdasown

Re: Already preparing for Yule!!

Post by Holdasown »

I took this week off work to do the fall cleaning and I will put up the tree this weekend. Making an Ullr hex sign and I think doing a live tree this year not sure yet. I do Yule over 12 days starting with Mother's nIght and ending on New Years. I think I am going to make some bulbs for the tree that are money drawing, for luck that kind of thing. Maybe some bulbs for the gods.
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Since Yule is so close to Christmas (rest of my family is Eastern Orthodox) I can't really do a whole feast like with Mabon. I'm thinking to make either a traditional Yule Log cake of Japanese Christmas Cake (I'm pretty big into anime and have dabbled a bit into the surface culture). I'm also going to clean at least my room both physically (it really needs it >.>) and spiritually.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Yule will be the thirteenth anniversary of my Handfasting with my husband. It's also when I can finally go back to work. I've had a tough year, and I'm looking forward to new beginnings. Thank you everyone, for the support you've shown me and for the support you'v'e shown everyone else who's been going through tough times. This is truly a second family for me here.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Congrats Snow! Next year will be my parent's Silver Anniversary; my mom's wondering where the time went! XD And I'm glad you're moving on to a brighter future.

Blessed Be ^^
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I'm slowly getting a couple ideas for how to decorate my altar. I don't really know what to do for Yule, but I've already got Christmas dinner planned out. XD Holiday decorations have slowly been creepy up around the house since November first. :shock: I don't know what to do about the tree. I'm living in a home where I can place the tree in the front window, but then I'd have no place to plug it in. :cry: An extra long extension cord would be nice. I've gotten presents all taken care of too.
Siona

Post by Siona »

I also do Yule for 12 days, since it's one of the bigger holidays for me, and it ties in nicely with Christmas and New Year's Day (which is a giant thing in my family). Since I see the solstice as the new year of my ritual calendar, and it runs right to the calendar new year, it's a big time for finishing up old business and new beginnings.

I don't have a lot of set in stone plans yet. Unfortunately I have some medical appointments that are going to take up the first two days totally, so I don't think I will be able to do anything but a little prayer on the solstice itself. Other than that, I know on one day I want to do a ritual honoring the Egyptian deities I used to be close to, and on another day I will do a ritual for all the Greek gods. On New Year's eve I like to do a simple house blessing, and on new year's day I honor Hestia and my ancestors after the big family dinner.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I hope your medical appointments go well.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Siona

Post by Siona »

Thanks! I'm finally making some progress in getting some long term conditions treated, which I guess is actually pretty good way to start the new year. :)
Yex

Post by Yex »

For me the Yuletide season is often a time for reflection, moving inward, connecting with the id, dreamwork, et cetera. Interspersed with this there are usually periods of merriment in the face of darkness, and I have a small party planned. Yule itself, being the darkest moment in the year but also the beginning of the return of light, is a very spiritual time for me, a time of rebirth, and it's usually a very personal celebration that takes place. I'll probably burn a Yule log in my new house, and perform a small ritual.
love is the whole and more than all
dolphinpatronus

Post by dolphinpatronus »

Congrats Snow!
I will be decorating on Black Friday since I refuse to leave my house & deal with that crazy mess. (I will happily shop online thank you lol) any way our decor stays pretty laid back since our place is small. I put up a 3 or 4 ft tree(I can't remember which it is) that is white with fiber optics. We let out son pick it out. I don't put a ton of ornaments on it but we have all the ones my son made at school & a few other special ones. The most important thing for us it that we spend time with the people we care most about.
Estee :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I'm starting to feel scattered now. A stomach nasty has been making the rounds. This one includes hallucinations. That's been special. Not! I saw my pain doc today, and I get to have yet another procedure for the back pain. Add the ongoing shoulder pain and lack of a paycheck to the mix, and I feel less than jolly. I think I may try to get a small table top tree. And now, just to really annoy me, I have the hiccups. Sigh.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
dolphinpatronus

Post by dolphinpatronus »

SnowCat wrote:I'm starting to feel scattered now. A stomach nasty has been making the rounds. This one includes hallucinations. That's been special. Not! I saw my pain doc today, and I get to have yet another procedure for the back pain. Add the ongoing shoulder pain and lack of a paycheck to the mix, and I feel less than jolly. I think I may try to get a small table top tree. And now, just to really annoy me, I have the hiccups. Sigh.

Snow
Hopefully that all gets worked out.
Estee :)
cloverfox

Post by cloverfox »

I have not yet officially celebrated Yule before. I did buy my Yule book on Amazon a week ago and it is taking far too long to get here so I may not be prepared and just do a little meditation on my own. Perhaps next year I will be more ready :(

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”