Ideas for Samhain

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
EmeraldMist

Ideas for Samhain

Post by EmeraldMist »

Merry meet! :)
My plans for Samhain was that I would be camping ith a bunch of my druid friends. This would have been my first ritual. Due to getting the flu and a cold settling in and I didn't want to get tenting friend sick on top of her medical conditions, I backed out. I will still perform my own little ritual of some sort to connect to my ancestors. One I really want to connect with is my great grandmother. I think she has been guiding me through my creative moments <3
So, how do you celebrate? What is your ritual like?

Blessed Samhain! :flyingwitch:
See all, be all
Be one with self
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: Ideas for Samhain

Post by AdastraJunction »

I was suppose to go on a hiking trip with mates this weekend for it, and I would have done a personal ritual in the woods but my baby niece is home from hospital so I am staying home to take my nephew trick-or-treating and to help with her. Normally I would be making contact with lost loved ones and ancestors, which is the normal ritual for me each year. Instead I will just give them my prayers and blessings this time round.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I will be staying knocked out on pain meds and resting. I've had a very painful week with my shoulder. I think I'll do a drumming for the kitties that both Firebird and I said goodbye to this year. That's been very painful too.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Sorry to hear that, Snow : (

I'm probably going to have more Halloween than Samhain ... Significant Other and I are going to his parents' place, since their whole street goes all-out to put on a nice, scary time for trick-or-treaters. We'll be doing some of the scaring ; ) I don't think I'll ever be able to celebrate Samhain as a time to honor the dead -- Oct. 31 will always be Halloween for me. I've been considering celebrating the Ghost Festival instead (it's a Chinese tradition with a similar purpose).
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Sheyene_Cripe

Post by Sheyene_Cripe »

I need a ritual to do on Samhain can you guys help
EmeraldMist

Post by EmeraldMist »

Snow, I hope your shoulder feels better!! :( I ended up, with a cold, going trick or treating with my son followed by taking lots of meds to feel better. I'm thinking trick or treating in the rain wasn't a good idea :/ But my little guy had tons of fun! I dressed up as a gypsy and he dressed up like a zombie fightfigther hehe :)
See all, be all
Be one with self
River SilverWolf

Post by River SilverWolf »

I ended up taking my girls trick or treating at my inlaws. We had fun but it was cold. (i went as a black cat this year, last year I was a witch).
I didn't do any sort of elaborate ritual. We are moving monday nov 10th so all my stuff is packed (candles, tools, books everything). I did a simple meditation and gave honor to my ancestors and my brother and father who have passed.
It was very simple yet very nice.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”