TeA LeAf ReadinG

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
dj_dude

TeA LeAf ReadinG

Post by dj_dude »

does anyone know a good source for learning about tealeaf reading. i think it would be fascinating to be able to do so. but i can't find any material on it. if anyone knows a good place, book, person who reads tea leaves or coffee beans please tell me
Thank You
:D
DJ
AnuChild

Post by AnuChild »

I read tea leaves an coffee grinds, though I prefer tea leaves. I'm book learned, and would especially recommend Margaret Lange McWhorter's Tea Cup Tales: The Art of Reading Tea Leaves and Sara Zad's The Complete Guide to Coffee Grounds and Tea Leaf Reading. They really helped me on my path. Eventually it becomes very intuitive.
Come, heart, where hill is heaped upon hill:
For there the mystical brotherhood
Of sun and moon and hollow and wood
And river and stream work out their will.

W. B. Yeats, Into the Twilight
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

It's so cool you guys can do that. I can only do tarot1

blessed be
LIZ (Aphrodite)
xxx
AnuChild

Post by AnuChild »

Sadly, it seems to be a dying art, especially in the States. It's ceremonial and takes a while to conduct (far longer than most other divinatory practices). Also, you need new leaves for each reading, unlike Tarot or Runes. And most people (at least around here) drink tea from tea bags, which you can't read. Loose leaf tea, especially if it's quality, is more expensive and takes longer to make. - And *then* you get to the bother of actually reading the leaves.
Come, heart, where hill is heaped upon hill:
For there the mystical brotherhood
Of sun and moon and hollow and wood
And river and stream work out their will.

W. B. Yeats, Into the Twilight
wiccan_butterfly

Post by wiccan_butterfly »

well i love to drink tea, but i would also love to learn how to, i think that there may be some books out there, but i have yet to discover them, and if and when i do, i will post some. :D
flowersofthelady

Re: TeA LeAf ReadinG

Post by flowersofthelady »

i have found these sites they have been very helpful..

http://www.readingtealeaves.info/introduction.html i found the interpretations very interesting as i tried to read the leaves in the diagrams myself before reading the writers interpretations.

http://tarotcanada.tripod.com/TeaLeaves.html more of a quick run down

hope someone finds these as interesting as i have!
Kitty

Re: TeA LeAf ReadinG

Post by Kitty »

thanks for the links
the list of symbols in the first site is particularly good :)
xx

Return to “General Divination”