My Rules of Spell Casting

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
smogie_michele

My Rules of Spell Casting

Post by smogie_michele »

I feel like I see many young Wiccans and Witches asking about spells, how to cast them, and why they aren't working. I have a set of rules that I have made for myself and followed for quite a few years now and they seem to work for me, so I figured I would share them. I posted something similar to a blog I run and I figured it is worth reitterating.
Mods, if you feel like I posted this in the wrong space I will not be offended at all if you move it :D

*Write down what you are wanting and reevaluate it. Take money for example, do you need a new job to pay off debts? Or are you just wanting extra cash so that you may be cavalier with you money. Genuine needs versus wants go a long way.
*Have you done everything you can to achieve your goals without magic first? Keeping with the money example, say you need a new job. Have you been going to interviews dressed like the best possible version of you? Or have you been rolling into potential jobs in your Metallica tshirt from 1995 and jeans with holes in the crotch? Have you been making a budget for your family to stick to, or have you been heading to dinner and a movie every weekend? If you don't put the effort into your goals, magic won't either.
*Set it and forget it. I think of my spell work as if I am setting up dinner in my crock pot. I prepare it, start the timer, and before I know it something wonderful is on my plate. Cast your spell, leave it alone, and before you know it you will have wonderful things happening. I feel like if I meddle and think about my spell too much, I will interfere with it and keep it from becoming a reality. Cast your spell and continue to keep living your life the best way you know how.
*Try, try again. If you are new to this, sometimes spells don't work because you don't have enough practice. Maybe you weren't confident in your words or in casting your circle. Start small. Cast a circle and meditate for a while. Then add in the extras. And sometimes, you need to cast it a few times. You're learning. It is okay.
*Sometimes spells WON'T work. There may be cases where spells just won't pan out because there is a lesson you need to learn. You may have to suffer through it for a little while, but have faith that the lesson you learn will help shape you into the person you are to become.
*Please, for the love of everything good in the world, do what you can to make sure that what you are doing will not hurt anyone else.

That is it, it is all I have. I hope it helps someone in some way. Again, these are just my personal rules for spell casting, it isn't in any Wiccan handbook or anything like that. Just what works for me.
Thanks for reading!
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
YanaKhan

Re: My Rules of Spell Casting

Post by YanaKhan »

This is a great set of rules. It would be great if more people did have a set of their own. Thanks for sharing.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Thank you for reading! I just hope maybe it helps some newer withes on here.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Nicely written, Smogie! I added it to the Witchcraft 101 Table of Contents.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I'm glad you approved of it!

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”