Familiars

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Imperious
Banned Member

Re: Familiars

Post by Imperious »

Binglian wrote:Thank you so much for the info, it literally changed my perspective on familiars and guardian angels.
There was a lot of good information provided, but don't be too hasty in disassociating familiars with real, live animals. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Mine, Glory, has provided more assistance than any spirit creature to date; and I've been practicing Witchcraft for approaching 22 years.

As for guardian angels, well... That's an entirely different topic.
Imperious
Banned Member

Re: What is Your Opinion on Familiars?

Post by Imperious »

Ron James wrote:I've seen a bunch of posts on spell sites for binding your familiar. They all kinda seemed like a ritual initiation for your pet.
That's exactly what it is; and it's only appropriate if your pet chooses to show itself as your familiar.

You can't "make" your pet into a familiar - it either is one, or it isn't.

[Moderators: There are quite a few threads about familiars here, with a lot of information going into all of them. Is there any chance they can be merged?]
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

A legitimate question. My capabilities are limited due to using my phone. Any other media want to step up and do some merging?

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Ask and ye shall receive. Sorry, merging can put the posts a little out of whack but I think the general ideas overlap pretty well anyway.
Imperious
Banned Member

Post by Imperious »

Vesca wrote:Ask and ye shall receive. Sorry, merging can put the posts a little out of whack but I think the general ideas overlap pretty well anyway.
Fair enough.

Thanks for attending though, peeps. :)
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

... The two currently active and overlapping threads on familiars I did merge. :P That's why about half say "Familiars" in the subject line and the other half say " What is your opinion on familiars." Maybe I worded that earlier response strangely.

I don't think there's a point bringing any long-past threads into the fray, but for now this will sort any potential confusion.
Imperious
Banned Member

Post by Imperious »

Erm...

Aye, I misunderstood your response. Again, I wish the written word could be more communicative. :(
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Ron James wrote:I get the feeling alot of the stuff on some of those sites should be taken with a big pinch of salt.
Maybe an entire salt shaker, or even a salt mine.

LiebeUndLicht wrote:I'm not sure if I would ever want to do one of those binding spells because it just feels forced, like when a baby is Christened, I feel like they should have a choice.
Agreed. I think people grossly underestimate animal spirits.

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Merging is good; thanks for doing that, Vesca. I'll also move this to the FAQ forum, which I'd like to utilize more.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Return to “F.A.Q.”