Foods to help with high blood pressure?

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Sakura Blossom

Foods to help with high blood pressure?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

For some reason, my blood pressure has been on the higher end the past few days and I'm not sure why. It's probably this medication I take, but I really want to try and lower it. I'm working on stopping the medication like I was supposed to if it got higher, but I'm feeling some of the symptoms of high blood pressure and it's not great. ): I'd love something that might be able to help with these symptoms, something natural that anyone might know of?

Drinks, food, etc.?

Thanks a bunch!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Shub Niggurath

Re: Foods to help with high blood pressure?

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Try to avoid fatty foods that are heavy on the stomach and take long time to digest. More salads, fruits, veggies. Avoid soda drinks, fried food, pasta dishes, pizza etc.
I also like serving this simple herbal tea* to my man when his blood pressure is high or he's stressed:
- 1 teaspoon of dried or fresh Melissa leaves
- half of a teaspoon of dried Lavender buds/flowers
- 1 teaspoon of honey
(*Ingredients for one cup.)
It helps you calm down and thus reduces blood pressure a bit. I'd also suggest not drinking other teas, coffee and yerba mate. They all increase blood pressure.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thanks! I was just out and should have gotten some tea but I've been ordered to rest today. If my mom ends up coming up here, then I'll have her get me some but I may or may not need to go see a doctor now. I just got my blood pressure taken and it's not good. ): So many things keep happening, I just hope everything is okay by tomorrow because that's when I go to my friend's house to begin our vacation.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Siona

Post by Siona »

I had high blood pressure, and salt reduction was the thing my doctor really stressed. A lot of foods are high in sodium, like jars of sauce and such. Really have to check the labels and see how much of your daily sodium intake is in an actual serving of the food (which may also be a lot smaller than you think). More fruits and veggies were also recommended. Pasta, breads, rice, and even fats like oil and butter are okay in moderation.

The thing is, dietary changes are a long term project - cutting down salt isn't going to get you results in a day, or even a week. (And diet alone may not be enough, it helped me get it lower, but I still had to go on medication to really get it controlled.) Beyond that, if it is a side effect of the medication, and you didn't have high blood pressure before taking it, changing your diet might not really help. Hopefully it goes back down when you're able to stop the medication fully, and it might take a few days beyond when you stop to see it go back down, depending on the type of medication.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I should have mentioned, I actually am supposed to increase salts. Haha. I have a condition that I have to take salt tablets for to help with it. The high blood pressure isn't a natural high blood pressure, it's from medication as you said. So yeah, changing my diet isn't going to help unfortunately. ): I was just wondering if there was anything that I might be able to eat or have that might help soothe my system like the tea Cat suggested. (: It's already started going way down, though, so I think I'm okay thankfully.

I really appreciate all of your help, you guys. (: Thank you so much!

AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Teas of motherwort and hibiscus are good for helping to lower blood pressure.

Diet changes of course to a more clean eating plan, meditation and exercise will help lower stress levels that can help lower blood pressure.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you for the information. (: It was more so for a quick fix sort of thing I was looking for, as I don't have high blood pressure. I appreciate your help, though!

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”