Another Spider Thread xD

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Moonfire

Another Spider Thread xD

Post by Moonfire »

So, I'm curious about something. I've pretty much always been afraid of spiders. Even as a child. I know this because my mom told me about it. She told me once when I was five or six I was heading to the stairs and there was a tiny spider on the wall. Now normally people will just go around this, I did not. I stopped and I screamed. I've never been bitten and there were even times when I SHOULD have been bitten.

I know when I was fourteen my parents suddenly freaked out and told me to stop moving and they took off my ribbon choker and there had been a spider there nestled against my neck and between the choker. I never even felt it or knew it was there. I also had a time where I walked face first into a web, right into the spider, did not get bitten. Or when I put my hand into my car door and there was a spider that had made it's web inside the handle.

Anyways, I was just wondering could my fear of them be something from a past life? And could spiders be like my spirit animal or something?

I have looked up a bit of lore on Spiders and it's funny because in African folklore they are storytellers because of their web that they spin. And I'm a writer aspiring to be a novelist. I often even describe myself writing as spinning a tale or weaving a story. xD

Return to “Animals and Pets”