Happy Lughnasadh or Imbolc!!

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Kassandra

Happy Lughnasadh or Imbolc!!

Post by Kassandra »

Depending on the hemisphere you live in, Happy Lughnasadh or Imbolc! This pretty picture was on Selena Fox's Facebook page, and I had to share it. I love the simple and touching little altar pics she shares with readers. Enjoy!!
Selena Fox altar pic.jpg
Lillady

Re: Happy Lughnasadh or Imbolc!!

Post by Lillady »

Thanks Kassandra! Same to you and everyone here. I was going to post my own thread but instead of dirtying up the forum will just share what I was going to if you do not mind. If you mind just let me know and I will start my own. Blessed Lammas/Imbolc to all of you! I hope you all have a beautiful and glorious harvest!

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

By all means, be my guest!

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Happy Lammas!
Earth ripples alive in her golden skin as wheat ripens under summer sun, pulses to fullness fattened by rain and wild airs. Bronze rods of barley brushed by the weather, shimmer in fields of light as Corn Mother moves amongst us. Her fertile body is swollen with grain, sheaf after sheaf—enough to bring bread to the whole planet, even to famine, if we work with the climate, tend our fields as holy places, share with those who lack as an act of Compassion. Her belly is big with promise, with miracles, wonders, but our shadows stretch long on the harvest acres as we eat up the land. At the heart of the Eleusinian mysteries lay a single grain of wheat—sun-energy so small, holding the future. Women everywhere engage with the sacred alchemy of making bread: grain, water, fire, to feed their families and those who are in need. Loaves and flatbreads, chapattis, sour rye unite us in simple ritual: May we break bread in peace with all nations, in the name of Goddess.
Source: Lammas Blessings on Sagewoman Blogs
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Ooo, that's nice Xiao.

I'm really feeling the heartbeat, the breath and the life of the Great Mother!

Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I like the altar picture. What a great idea to decorate for the sabbats in both hemispheres! :fairy:

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”