weight issue

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
Kat
Banned Member

weight issue

Post by Kat »

I ll be satisfied with my body if I manage to lose 15 kg. no idea how much that is in pounds coz I know no website to convert it. how do I lose the weight? I don't eat sweets and fried things. honey and oil disgust me. any weight loss idea?
*Blessed Be*
Alura Noel

Re: weight issue

Post by Alura Noel »

Hey,

As a person who has struggled with losing weight, personally this is what has helped me the most and consistently with keeping it off.

Diet:

Eat simply. Stick to whole foods and avoid/minimize processed foods. Make your own dressings for salads etc. Find some good seasonings/herbs to season meat and vegetables.

For starches, Complex Carbs and eat them sparingly or 1 to 2 servings a day depending on what works best for your body.

Try to eat the foods that already have healthy oil in them like olives, avocado, nuts and seeds instead of cooking with it if you can help it.

Minimize juices and other sugary drinks. Stick to flavoring water naturally with tea, lemon, mint or other simple things.

Learn your portion sizes and what's the appropriate amount of each.

Soup is my best friend. It's an easy meal and filling.

Exercise:

Exercise at least 30 minutes a day to start out with.

Support:

Tell your friends and family what your goal is. A lot of the time they will try to help you out or not push food onto you knowing that you're trying to lose weight.

Is that's not the case, like how my family is (They show love with food) stand your ground or bring a healthy alternative with you to parties and gatherings for everyone to share too along with the other stuff.

I know you're in a different area than the U.S. but see if this website works for you. http://www.sparkpeople.com/ They have a lot of good articles and meal plans, Calorie tracker and other great stuff.

This is what has helped me the most with losing weight.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

A kg is about 2.2 lbs.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

33.07 pounds. :) I second everything Alura Noel stated, it's sound advice.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”