What if your familiar drinks from your Altar's Water Bowl?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Lillady

Re: What if your familiar drinks from your Altar's Water Bow

Post by Lillady »

It means he isn't getting enough water if he is taking what is on your altar....lol just kidding, but seriously it is a sign that just like us he has magickal abilities about him. He is attracted to the water because that is his element. My two cats play with my crystals and herbs, signifying their element is Earth. Animals are creatures just like we are just in a different form, per se. I know it may sound odd, but you would be amazed how magickal a familar can be. Watch him and how he acts all the way around and you will get to see what he likes/dislikes/his abilities etc. My eldest cat, Sebastian likes to meditate with my crystals, he will actually gather one and sleep/reset with it. My youngest one, Samantha, is my herb/incense lover. She will even help me crush herbs and when I am burning incense she will play in the smoke. It is so cute! Anyhow, I hope you have a better understanding on why Chimera is drinking from your altar bowl. Nothing unusual and his actions defintely have meaning.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I would guess he is getting his dose of metaphysical energy, because the water gets charged on the Altar. Any animal that shows interest in the magical goods is an excellent candidate for being a familiar. How old is Chimera now? You made such a cool picture of the cat, it would seem the two of you are connected for sure.
blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I haven't really had a familiar since Smoky's passing. I think Rusty, and to a lesser extent, Willow may be filling that position. Both are fascinated with my hair. Especially Rusty. He insisted on sleeping in my hair one night. Yes. IN, my hair. It was interesting.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Animals and Pets”