Ouija Board- Mess with it err no?

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
dreamcatcher2292

Ouija Board- Mess with it err no?

Post by dreamcatcher2292 »

So my bf is a die hard catholic (I'm obviously in the broom closet hardcore lol). His family actually partcipates in house and person exorcisms, because of this he is strongly opposed to half the things i secretly love, horror movies, ouija boards tarot, the unknown, etc.

He told me if I ever bought a ouija board or touched one he'd break up with me.

So naturally me being me..

I went out and got one.

Now here I sit with it...debating do I use it?

My family had a bad run in with one when I was a baby. Our house smelt like rotten eggs for weeks unti lit was burned, my sister 7 at the time began hidding jars of pee in the closet because she was too afraid to use the bathroom she said there was " a scary lady in the tub", my brother 18 at the time ran away and never came back. And my dad became comsumed and obsessed with the paranormal world. To this day a large percentage of his time goes to understanding the after life because of the things that happend in that house after the Ouija board. My mother and father divroced shortly after and my mom dove deeply into religion,saging every apartment she moved into after that. She as a person has ever since been followed and haunted by something she thinks is "demonic". I actually kind of believe her....

so with all that history somehow some way im still attracted to witchcraft it just feels right to me. And for some reason im still tempted by this damn hasbro band ouija board lol.

What are your thoughts? expierences? anything?

-Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Heartsong

Re: Ouija Board- Mess with it err no?

Post by Heartsong »

If you don't mind me asking, dreamcatcher, why do you want to use the board at all? Is is curiosity or because everyone around you would disapprove, and you'd like to be a little rebellious? I don't mean to sound condescending by asking that question, but spirits are aware of what your intentions are when you're interacting with them. If you are only playing around or are not genuinely trying to communicate for a clear purpose other than just to see if you can, they'd know, and you would very likely have a negative experience, just as your family did. That's been my experience, at any rate.

Also, if you're ever going to come out of the broom closet to your boyfriend, and want him to respect you and your beliefs, then it may be best not to use the board at all, since he's so adamant that he'd rather that you didn't. Showing him that kind of respect would go a long way, I think, towards making progress with him understanding and accepting your faith, as well as showing you that respect in kind.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
dreamcatcher2292

I think because of the damage it did to my family and how messed up theyve all been since has always made me curious..... so yes its curiosity. Youre right its best idont. i suppose the least i can give my bf is not doing that
Jake1001

Post by Jake1001 »

Yes, I agree with Heartsong, if you come out to your boyfriend, he should love you either way, even if its hard, he should accept and respect your views, and so should you if you guys countinue to be together, but if he does abuse you and all when you come out he just not might be the one.
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

I have used a Ouija board out of curiosity a few times in the past and nothing bad happened to me or anyone else who used it. I suppose this is one of those 'do as I say not as I do' situations because given your past experience, I would suggest you at least do some research into how the Ouija board works and how to use it safely. If you have had a bad past experience, I wouldn't suggest temping fate twice especially if you're not really sure what you're doing or what you're dealing with.

Also, did you buy the Ouija board to provoke your boyfriend? That's the feeling I got from your post. If you do want to tell him about your interests, I suggest sitting down and having a level headed discussion rather than just surprising him with "honey, I bought a Ouija board" but that's just my opinion.
dreamcatcher2292

no i didnt do it to provoke him he does ot know about hahahhhahahahahahaaha. too funny. not at all. and hes too ignorant, sheltered country boy to come around to it like i said :/ he is very superstitious
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I know some people say it's safe to use this if you know how, and it could very well be true, but I suggest not even touching it. Myself and some others I have met before, have all had something very, very bad come through when doing something like this. I've found that any kind of entity (good or bad) is attracted to any sort of divination you might be using, since you are opening yourself up to the communication with them. I tried this with my friend, and what came through posed as my grandfather for the longest time. Well, it was not, and it became apparent soon enough.

I started suffering from schizophrenic symptoms, and yet when talking to my psychiatrist, he said I wasn't and I wasn't showing signs of anything of the sort. I started getting a voice in my head telling me to hurt others. The weirdest part, was that it went away when this entity was taken away by help of a specialized individual, all of this went away. Even stranger, my sister who has NEVER had mental health issues, started going through a crisis period with mental health as well. Both of us at the same exact time. I am able to now step back and realize this was because of that nasty entity. The one who rid of it, told me that I was lucky this was the one that came through. It was bad, but not as bad as some other things that could come through.

My parents also wen to a garage sale and bought a used Ouija board to hang on our wall.. And after that, the room felt HORRIBLY thick with negativity. I've since cleansed the entire room and the board, and it feels a lot better there.

So long story short, in the end it's your choice, but I've experience first hand the dangers of using a Ouija board and I always urge others to not even touch it. They usually bring bad things, but it's also the way you use it that will determine the end result. Also, you don't ever want to burn it, because that will ruin your chances of being able to get rid of the things that come out. This is just my personal experiences and things that I have learned from others, so of course it's your choice to do what you wish in the end. (: But also given the fact that your family had a bad run in with one, I would strongly suggest not touching it. Haha.

Stick with a pendulum and using white light for protection while doing so. (: Those are far better than the board.

I also agree with Obsidian. I wouldn't go out and buy something just to spite him, because that's a sure way to lead to misunderstandings. I by no means want to tell you what to do, of course, but I personally wouldn't do something like that, no matter how tempted I was. I would honestly sit down with him, and explain things to show him that it's really not all that bad (though, I think Ouija boards as made clear from my personal opinion above, are just as bad as everyone thinks). He should hopefully respect you, because if he truly loves/cares about you, you he won't judge you. (:

No matter what you choose to do, I wish you luck! (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

For your reading pleasure, here's a roundup of some of Ouija's other appearances here at EUTM. :fairy:
OUIJA BOARDS........DANGEROUS OR NOT
Ouija Boards on Halloween?
All About Ouija Boards
Ouija Boards
Homemade ouija boards
Help needed with spirit board
There are also other experiences with Ouija outside of these threads. Type Ouija into the search bar and you get over 160 matches. :flyingwitch:
As for me, well I bought mine because it glowed in the dark. Not a very exciting reason, but an honest one. I never had any trouble with it. I didn't really try to contact anyone other than my dad, so maybe that's the reason. :? I used it a few times to try to determine if I would be able to weasel my way out of going to school the next day. newangel A sad use of divination, but I was in my early teens and hated the school I was in.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I'll share my recent experience with a Ouija board ... Not too long ago, one of the members of my coven, (whom I'll call M) brought her Ouija board to our coven meeting. I'll admit I was a little nervous because I've never seen a Ouija board in action before and my only knowledge of it came from horror movies (particularly Paranormal Activity), but M swore up and down that she had used it for years and years and it was perfectly safe, and it just got a bad rap from horror movies, although she did recommend doing it in a safe space (we had cast our circle, so that wasn't a problem). She offered to ask the Ouija board any questions the rest of us might have had.

My coven leader asked the Ouija board what gender her newest grandchild was going to be (Ouija board said a girl; a few weeks later it turned out it was going to be a boy). Another coven member tried her hand at the Ouija board, and she wound up contacting her father, who died a few years back. She asked her father if he was alright with the way she had handled his end-of-life decisions, and the Ouija board said that he was indeed pleased. So it was nice that she got some closure on that front.

But honestly, I thought the process was generally pretty unremarkable -- nothing spookier than, say, reading the Tarot or runes.

(though I'll agree with Heartsong that there are some other conflicts going on at hand between you and your boyfriend, Dreamcatcher, that need looking into)
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Please, please, please, PLEASE do NOT use it! I NEVER had a problem with entities or anything until AFTER I messed with one of those. Because of one of those things I have a demon attached to me! And this thing has become SERIOUS and DANGEROUS. As in the Medium who tried to help me got attacked in the night, the demon choking her, she went into seizures (and there is no history of that in her family or in her) and her heart stopped TWICE. I had to perform CPR to resuscitate her while we were waiting for an ambulance while she was rasping faintly, "Make him stop, moon. Make him stop." And her trying to claw "demon" into the wood of our porch.

As for the boyfriend, he should not dump you just because you use one. He should care for you and stick by you regardless.
ravensilverbear

Post by ravensilverbear »

Unless you take and cast a circle for protection and ask for divine intervention you open a portal that you may not want to have open stay away from it and if you use it always have a open heart and a clear purpose be focused on intent but as for me bless it bind. It seal it and bury it away from you

Return to “F.A.Q.”