Finding out about your past lives?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Erydiel

Finding out about your past lives?

Post by Erydiel »

I've seen very often in this forum that people have seen their past lives-at the most at least a very short memory or "flashes" of who they were before.
I always wanted to know who I was before I was born into this life, even before I came to Wicca.

How exactly does this happen? How do you find out who you were in the past?

I know I'm ready to learn. I just don't know how.

Any help on this is very much appreciated!

Blessed Be,

Erydiel
May the light always guide you on a dreary day.
Heartsong

Re: Finding out about your past lives?

Post by Heartsong »

I think it happens differently for different people. Some will get flashes of their past lives in a meditation, others may try hypnosis. I've used tarot cards and figured some things out, but mostly I learned from having traveled a lot and "stumbling" across places that I was at in a past life (I use stumbled loosely, because I suspect that I was led to those places). The main thing, though, I believe, is your intent, just like when casting a spell. When using the cards(or runes) for example, opening yourself to letting the answers come is probably going to yield the best results. I personally think that guided meditations, if you are going to meditate, are the best for seeking out answers about a past life. If you're interested in using a divination, here's a tarot spread that I've found to be very useful.

Good Luck!
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Scrying is a popular method of trying to physically see into your past lives. I don't know where the following method originates, since I've seen it everywhere, but it looks to be the easiest.
  • 1. Pick something to scry with. This can be a crystal ball, a bowl of water, a mirror, etc.
  • 2. Set up your scrying object so that you can comfortably look into it while sitting. Also place a candle or two nearby so that it/they can provide illumination with interfering with your reflection on the scrying surface. You can also add anything else to the room at this point to help set the mood, such as incense or soft music.
  • 3. When you're ready, light the candle(s) and sit before your scrying object.
  • 4. Watch the surface for a while, keeping your eyes on it, but not staring too hard or straining your eyes. I think the time limit on this is somewhere around 15 to 20 minutes so that you don't strain your eyes.
    • If images form, they will form naturally, don't try to force them. Sometimes you'll see things, other times you won't. If you don't, you can always try again another time. If you don't see anything after several attempts, you might want to consider that perhaps you're not ready to see anything at that point in time. There is also the possibility that this is your very first life.
Sensory deprivation is another method you might want to consider.
Lunair

Post by Lunair »

Echo I think I shall try the scrying method you suggested. I've never tried scrying for a past life (if I have one) before.
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Thoth revealed a portion of one of my past lives to me. Most of it was told through him but I did get the smallest flash of when I died/was murdered in that life. I've heard Tarot and Scrying works well also. But you can ask your chosen deity for help.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Ive had the most success with guided meditations where you can be led under and through a journey to meet yourself in a previous life. Doreen Virute has a good one.
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

I have been trying to figure out my past lives, as well. I have had very great success doing PL Tarot readings for others, but the one I have done for myself doesn't quite make sense to me.

I may try scrying, it sounds potentially promising.

I have also had sudden flashes of "vision" while listening to music. Upon hearing a song for the first time, I started recalling snippets of memory that I had but never happened to me. I figured it may be a past life of mine.

I'm also trying to figure out the connection between myself and someone who has kept appearing throughout my life, and I feel like we were connected in other lives as well.

Best of luck with your searches!

~Falcon

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”