Sources of information about Pan

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
ReikiCat

Sources of information about Pan

Post by ReikiCat »

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have about a million questions. :) For now, I was wondering about sources of information about Pan and who He really is, both websites and books.

I had a shaman do some work for me some months back, and during the course of her work this particular shaman gives a lot of information about past lives. One thing that came up was a particular connection my mother's side of the family especially has had with Pan, in past lives. No Greek background that I know of, but she said we had many lives around the Mediterranean during the classical period.

It was interesting that since she revealed this to me, I have felt strong energy around me, and other things that have pointed toward Pan. Some examples--and maybe this is just coincidence, I don't know--when the shaman started her work I started seeing families of deer near the house. Now, I have known such wildlife lives in this area but have never seen them before, nor this frequently, other than while she was doing her work. Things I have heard as well.

So I wondered if there's any way to verify this, and if so if I'd need to go to another shaman or if a psychic or the like could tell me.

Thank all
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Sources of information about Pan

Post by loona wynd »

Pan was the first God to come into my life. So I have some experience with him.

As for how to verify if its Pan or not have you tried to reach out to him yourself through prayer or meditation?
ReikiCat

Post by ReikiCat »

Thanks for responding! Yes, I have prayed, and have been doing some of the devotions found on the Hellenion website. More strong energy around me, but am unsure whether and when to trust what I experience or hear is actually from him or not. There's a lot of negativity in the place where I live now so the potential for interference is probably very good. I haven't actually seen him, in waking life or in dreams for that matter, although I've requested some kind of confirmation in my prayers to him. Being new to all this, am not sure what to expect.

Thanks

Cat
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

In my experience he is a very wild God. He is also a God that will push you to your limits. There is a reason the word Panic comes from his name. He was an associate of DIONYSUS so there is that component as well. Pan is a nature God he is also associated with sensuality, fertility, and music to some extent. He is a very powerful energy. I would call it very passionate and strong willed.

I would trust him to reveal himself to you if that is who is calling. He may be uncomfortable at first because of the sensual aspects and the strong powers he has. He is a shepherd and a hunter. He is a God of rustic music and of hunting packs and wild dogs. He is both the domesticated and wild aspects of nature protector of both and works the balance of both.

I found that the articles on Theoi.com-Pan to be very useful. They contain information on the hyms, the cult centers, and the myths exploring the history and the cultural aspects of this God.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”