Help, I Have Too Much Energy Inside!

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Epithymia

Help, I Have Too Much Energy Inside!

Post by Epithymia »

I am having quite a bit of difficulty practicing now. I have been practicing Voodoo for about 7 years with Oshun being the Loa I go to mainly but over the past few months I have been more interested in focusing my own energy. I have this overwhelming feeling that there is so much energy in me that I just need to let it out but I am not completely sure how to do it. I do read cards but found the cards are not really needed, I can read people without them. When I have these flashes( because that's what they are like, fast moving movies) words just start coming out and I start saying things to people that I should have no idea about. I have always dabbled in magic since I was about 11 ( I am 38 now) and have followed Lilith, Hecate ( Hecate actually scares me because I found she brings A LOT of chaos),and a few others but I always feel like something is missing. I am not sure you can help but I would really love some advice.
Kassandra

Re: Help, I Have Too Much Energy Inside!

Post by Kassandra »

Hi. I could imagine that could get uncomfortable after awhile...no, not imagine, I know that could get uncomfortable, lol, having "excess" energy and needing more of a conduit in your life to release it, otherwise it feels backed up, clogged, and overwhelming. Maybe others have ideas for how they deal with this if they experience it. I like to look for practical ways to deal with metaphysical things. To me, spells and rituals come secondary to that. I like to build the spellwork around practical life and goals, not vice versa. While I believe in magic, I don't believe in "magical thinking," ha, there's a big difference.

Anyway, I have tried a lot of things to disperse built-up energy as you describe, and I have come to the conclusion that helping other people is the best way to disperse excess psychic energy. A psychically strong person working in a helping profession is very healing for the people with whom that person works because the helper has the innate strength and ability to "give," whereas others would get exhausted giving to that degree. And, odd as it may sound, the vampiric nature of needy people might overwhelm many people, but someone like you with a lot of excess psychic energy may find such interactions somewhat soothing. It can relieve you of energy you don't want, expending it into the world through the positive conduit of helping others. Our planet needs any effort we could put forth in our own unique ways to lovingly care for its inhabitants, and thereby help raise its overall vibratory quality.

People who are rather clairsentient often report that they look for ways to "avoid crowds" and otherwise "get away" from people (whether consciously or subconsciously) because peoples' emotions and thoughts can be overwhelming to a clairsentient person...if this sensory input is not managed properly. I find that often that's the real problem. It's not a person's clairsentient ability that's the problem. In my view, the problem is the thoughts and actions they use to manage that psychic ability are simply not working for them, and they haven't yet found a self-management style that works for them. So, they blame their discomfort either on their psychic ability, or on the people around them. They become very self-absorbed and feel sorry for themselves, when the truth is they have a wonderful gift to share with the world.

It might help you to volunteer for some community organization that really needs help --whether this means working with the elderly, or with children, or animals, or whatever population with which you feel an affinity. This may help you offset the extreme energy build up you are experiencing, and you may feel really good. Perhaps that might be the "something" that is missing from your spiritual experiences. Finally, while I don't worship Oshun (I practice non-theistic hoodoo, rather than vodu or Voodoo, which are theistic religions based on the pantheon of African spirits), I know that Oshun is a much-loved, archetypal "mother" goddess, and her symbolic element is water. Think about water for a moment. Water is life-bringing, soothing. Plus, it is also a powerful conduit of energy (electricity could be harnessed from it, destructive tsunamis destroy whole cities within minutes, etc.). Mostly, it enhances and nurtures the life force of things with which it comes into contact. Perhaps find a way to be like water in society, with Oshun as your role model....?

Maybe others have thoughts to share on this...

Epithymia

Post by Epithymia »

Thank you for replying. I found it spot on what you said about helping people , I work in a hospice office and the main thing I love about it is helping the patients or family members. I try to remember their voice ,that way when they call even before they say who it is I can say hey Mr. or Mrs. so and so. I think everyone should feel remembered and important, especially when they are facing death or the death of a loved one. Despite how much I dislike how some of the bosses treat me ( which is VERY poorly )and how angry it makes me I never show it with anyone especially the patients or their family members. I have been thinking of doing readings for people but not for money ( if they choose to give me a gift then ok but if not that is just as ok) but I am undecided on that as of now. Thank you so much , you have really given me a lot to think about and made me feel a lot better.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Glad it helps. It's wonderful you do hospice work.

It also occurred to me to mention that psychically-sensitive people really need to attend to their self-care on a regular basis. When we don't do this, it contributes to a feeling of being glutted with too much energy, and a weird kind of general malaise sets in. So, there are things we could do that are kind of "psychic hygiene," if you will. This thread has some helpful tips and information along those lines: Empath Resources.

Also, if you would like, please feel free to practice doing some free readings here at Everything Under the Moon message board: Free Readings by Members. You could use whatever reading tool you would like to use, or none at all. We have no rules on that, so it's up to you. I get the sense you will do a great job. It is fun, and good practice. Most importantly, if you do it have fun with it! :)

Epithymia

Post by Epithymia »

Thank you so much. I will look into the site and also do the readings. I am not sure how good they will be from a distance because I have never tried them like that before but I will give it a shot. Again thank you so much!!!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I used to have similar problem with my energy. It was all over the place and sometimes was even uncontrollable. I had these flashes when someone accidentally interrupted any ritual or meditation, I had the feeling if I turned my hands towards the person, I would push them back. It was driving me crazy as I had no idea of when it would happen. Then someone gave me a very simple solution, which I almost dismissed, but then decided to try. Do a banishing ritual, but instead of banishing spirits and such, banish the excess energy. Like imagine yourself on a beach or mountain, garden or wherever you feel calm and steady. Imagine a beam of light coming from above towards your head and then surrounding you with light. Then turn the light into fire (or whatever you consider your element) and start throwing the excess energy until you get rid of it. The first maybe 10 times after doing so, I felt exhausted, almost at the point of passing out. But my energy started flowing calmly and steady after a while. I still sometimes experience this overload of energy, mainly when my job gets stressful. And sometimes a simple grounding helps too.
Helping people is an excellent way to give away energy. If it works for you, you should keep it up.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”